←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Alexander Povetkin Still Undefeated

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Sep 2012

Alexander Povetkin still undefeated
Updated: September 29, 2012, 6:19 PM ET

HAMBURG, Germany -- Undefeated Alexander Povetkin of Russia retained his WBA heavyweight title, stopping American challenger Hasim Rahman in the second round Saturday night.

Referee Gustavo Padilla stopped it 1:36 into the round, with Povetkin able to pick his shots at will against the 39-year-old former WBC, IBF and IBO champion.

The 33-year-old Povetkin improved to 25-0 with his 17th knockout. Rahman dropped to 50-8-2 after his first bout since June 2011.

The fight was Povetkin's third defense of the WBA belt he earned by outpointing Ruslan Chagaev in August 2011 for the then-vacant title.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 29 Sep 2012

Please go away Rahman

Kris Motherf**kin' Tims's Photo Kris Motherf**kin' Tims 29 Sep 2012

i was embarrassed just watching it.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 29 Sep 2012

Aw man.

That was my fight.

Shane on you povetkin. Shame!

HAGLERKIXAZZ's Photo HAGLERKIXAZZ 30 Sep 2012

That was a horrible fight, how did Rahman get this fight?? :toilet:  the guy can't be only 39?? he looked about 50, he couldn't even barely stand, and looked feeble as hell...

Give Povetkin a shot at Wlad or Vitaly..

psylancer's Photo psylancer 30 Sep 2012

HAGLERKIXAZZ, on 30 September 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

That was a horrible fight, how did Rahman get this fight??

He got it because the WBA inexplicably made him the number-one contender. *shrug*

jlc80's Photo jlc80 30 Sep 2012

Povetkin has a major title? Does he have any plans to unify or is he just waiting for the Klit Bros. to retire?

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 30 Sep 2012

jlc80, on 30 September 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Povetkin has a major title? Does he have any plans to unify or is he just waiting for the Klit Bros. to retire?

He said post fight he wanted Wlad. Wouldn't mind seeing that.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 30 Sep 2012

Johnny Hopper, on 30 September 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

He said post fight he wanted Wlad. Wouldn't mind seeing that.

Did the interviewer manage to keep a straight face?

:lol:

crakaveli, on 30 September 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

Did the interviewer manage to keep a straight face?

:lol:

I can't think of anybody who would be more competitive. It doesn't really take a particularly gifted fighter to have a chance to win against Wlad. Just run in there and start swinging for the chin. You may get KO'd, but at least you would have a chance. Going in and trying to box with him is a lost cause.

I think the Povetkin that fought Byrd would have a much better chance against Wlad than the current "I was ruined by Teddy Atlas" version we have.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 30 Sep 2012

Johnny Hopper, on 30 September 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

I can't think of anybody who would be more competitive. It doesn't really take a particularly gifted fighter to have a chance to win against Wlad. Just run in there and start swinging for the chin. You may get KO'd, but at least you would have a chance. Going in and trying to box with him is a lost cause.

I think the Povetkin that fought Byrd would have a much better chance against Wlad than the current "I was ruined by Teddy Atlas" version we have.

Fact is for whatever reason povetkin has bitched out twice from fighting wlad. Povetkin is too small and doesn't have enought power to trouble wlad

Wlad would be more challenged fighting people who can match him in size like fury even though he's a far inferior boxer to povetkin, David price or helenius

shove-aloe's Photo shove-aloe 30 Sep 2012

Kris Motherf**kin, on 29 September 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

i was embarrassed just watching it.

Did you blush,   hide in shame or suffer from any lasting emotional trauma ?

crakaveli, on 30 September 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Fact is for whatever reason povetkin has bitched out twice from fighting wlad. Povetkin is too small and doesn't have enought power to trouble wlad

Wlad would be more challenged fighting people who can match him in size like fury even though he's a far inferior boxer to povetkin, David price or helenius

Yeah, I could see a decent scrap with Price or Helenius, but not near term. Helenius hasn't fought in nearly a year though and may never be the same after the shoulder surgery. Price with only 13 fights is just too green.

Spike's Photo Spike 30 Sep 2012

Glax0r, on 29 September 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Alexander Povetkin still undefeated
Updated: September 29, 2012, 6:19 PM ET

HAMBURG, Germany -- Undefeated Alexander Povetkin of Russia retained his WBA heavyweight title, stopping American challenger Hasim Rahman in the second round Saturday night.

Referee Gustavo Padilla stopped it 1:36 into the round, with Povetkin able to pick his shots at will against the 39-year-old former WBC, IBF and IBO champion.

The 33-year-old Povetkin improved to 25-0 with his 17th knockout. Rahman dropped to 50-8-2 after his first bout since June 2011.

The fight was Povetkin's third defense of the WBA belt he earned by outpointing Ruslan Chagaev in August 2011 for the then-vacant title.
<_<
what a joke these sanctioning orgs are rahman gets ktfo bywlad in 2008 takes a vacation comes back and fights 4 bums and gets a crack at pov

Spike, on 30 September 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

<_<
what a joke these sanctioning orgs are rahman gets ktfo bywlad in 2008 takes a vacation comes back and fights 4 bums and gets a crack at pov

I'm telling you, Rahman, Audley Harrison and Golota must have nude photos of some higher up's in some of the boxing commissions. They got paraded out every year for a title shot.