←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Degale: Fighting Froch Next Year Would Be...

watson748's Photo watson748 01 Oct 2012

European super middleweight champion James DeGale told Sky Sports Punchlines that he would love to position himself for a 2013 summer showdown with countryman Carl Froch. The 2008 Olympic gold medal, 26-years-old, is looking to put his career back on track after sitting out due to a contractual dispute with former promoter Frank Warren.

He recently signed with a new promoter, Mick Hennessy, and is due to make a defense of his European belt in Kent on October 13. DeGale wants to get active enough to prepare himself for a battle with Froch.
He told Punchlines: "I have to be more active and I'll be fighting twice before Christmas. I'm happy to be on terrestrial TV and it will help get my career to where I want it to be. I'm ranked in the world's top ten with three of the governing bodies and Mick Hennessy has got a plan for me that by next year I will be boxing for a world title."

"Carl Froch is a great fighter and a road warrior who I really like watching. Fighting him next year for a world title would be a fantastic fight for Britain. I would box anyone at four weeks' notice for the world title if I was given the chance but really I need a few more fights to get back into the swing of it before I take on the likes of Carl Froch."

DG.'s Photo DG. 01 Oct 2012

Good one, James! No chance. Lol.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Oct 2012

:lol:  I'm sure he would.  

But before Hitman goes into a pleasure induced coma, let's get real. This fight aint happening in 2013.  James saying; "I'd love to fight Froch" aint the same thing as the fight happening.

And even if, in the unlikely event that after fighting Bute, Froch decides to tell Kessler to fuck off so he can fight DeGale, there'll only be one winner. (And his nickname isn't Chunky.)

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 02 Oct 2012

i don't see it happening.

unless degale becomes mandatory for froch's title.

hennessy and hearn will never come together to make it happen.

although more chance of the 2 working together than warren and hearn. :P

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Oct 2012

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 02 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

i don't see it happening.

unless degale becomes mandatory for froch's title.

hennessy and hearn will never come together to make it happen.

although more chance of the 2 working together than warren and hearn. :P

You've changed your tune.  A couple of months back you were spunking yourself at the idea of this fight.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 02 Oct 2012

View PostBoxingFan, on 02 October 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

You've changed your tune.  A couple of months back you were spunking yourself at the idea of this fight.

the fight may still happen.

not given up on it.

won't happen till next summer at the earliest though.

DG.'s Photo DG. 02 Oct 2012

James will lose soon enough. Was not too long Argo he said he was technically one of the best fighters in the world or words to that effect. Jimmy mac made him believe it. Lol

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 02 Oct 2012

turned  down sparring carl for the ward fight didnt he?