←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Amir Khan Signs Younger Brother

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 03 Oct 2012

Khan signs younger brother

Amir Khan has launched his new promotional company with his brother Haroon the first signing.

The younger Khan is looking to follow in his sibling's footsteps in the professional ranks after a decent amateur career that was capped with a bronze medal in the flyweight division at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.

He will get to do so under his brother's Super Fight Promotions banner, which boasts long-time promoter Dennis Hobson as a partner.

"I've always wanted to turn professional and to do so under Super Fight Promotions was an opportunity that I couldn't turn down," said Haroon.

"I have big ambitions but will take things a step at a time and I know I've got the best team behind me, who have that experience, to help guide my career to the very top."

Tuesday's announcement comes just days after former IBF and WBA light-welterweight champion Khan revealed Virgil Hunter would be his new trainer, with his next bout against the undefeated Carlos Molina in December.

"I'm delighted that Haroon is the first fighter to sign for Super Fight Promotions. He's got a lot of talent and I know he can achieve a lot in the professional game," said the elder Khan.

"His amateur record will serve him well and I have no doubts that his decision to turn professional will prove to be a very fruitful one.

"Super Fight Promotions is a company which is going to make big waves in boxing as we actively seek to sign the very best young talent around."

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 03 Oct 2012

Amir "the con" khan

Signs his brother haroon "the harpoon" khan.

Amir is promoting?  

What is the world coming to?

Well maybe he realizes he's not meant to last long in the sport.

But outside of the Klitchko's, rarely to sibling possess nearly the same talent in the same field.

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 03 Oct 2012

That's kool. ..  I wonder if they have the same fighting style and is as good of a boxer.   If so he'll do well as a pro.

Bourne's Photo Bourne 03 Oct 2012

whats with fighter trying to become promoter? it seems like every single fighter with name recognition have some sort of promitional company.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 03 Oct 2012

9secondko, on 03 October 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Amir "the con" khan

Amir is promoting?  

But outside of the Klitchko's, rarely to sibling possess nearly the same talent in the same field.

Bit like children of successful boxers except for mayweather

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 03 Oct 2012

9secondko, on 03 October 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Amir "the con" khan

Amir is promoting?  

So mature. .. calling a guy you've never seen box a name. :sleep:   that's hating son...

Also these guys are brothers. ......

Anthony and Andre' Dirrell
Lamont and Anthony Peterson
Travis and Tarvis Simms

I can't hear yooooooou.......

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 04 Oct 2012

The_Ikon, on 03 October 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

So mature. .. calling a guy you've never seen box a name. :sleep:   that's hating son...

Also these guys are brothers. ......

Anthony and Andre' Dirrell
Lamont and Anthony Peterson
Travis and Tarvis Simms

I can't hear yooooooou.......

Actually "harpoon" would be a compliment. It happens to also rhyme.

"con" would not.

No prob with kid brother boxing. But Amir as a promoter...

Those are some good rate exames of fighting brothers to put up there with the Klitchko bros.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 04 Oct 2012

Boxingfan32, on 04 October 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

good... maybe he will be less greedy and have a better chin than amir.

Can't imagine it being worse.

But if he doesn't end up with the same skills that Amir has developed under roach, what does it matter?

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 04 Oct 2012

9secondko, on 04 October 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Actually "harpoon" would be a compliment. It happens to also rhyme.

"con" would not.

No prob with kid brother boxing. But Amir as a promoter...

Those are some good rate exames of fighting brothers to put up there with the Klitchko bros.

You said NOTHING about accomplishments...  you said RARELY siblings possess the same talent in the same field...

I proved you wrong. ...  these were just 3 examples of siblings competing in the same field .
It's really not rare..... at all....

How about these few dummy. .

Serena and Venus Williams
Tiki and Ronde Barber
Clay and Casey Matthews
Floyd SR and Roger Mayweather

All siblings..... need more?