←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Broner Vs Matthysse

tknukle's Photo tknukle 14 Nov 2012

Who wins

Knackers's Photo Knackers 14 Nov 2012

Lucas Matthysse knocks you out and brushes your hair while you're sleeping. Says "shhhh sweetheart" and pats your head. Then makes himself a sandwich.

Not sure but I think Floyd's son picks him apart

scarecrow's Photo scarecrow 14 Nov 2012

Matthyse on points after giving Broner a sustained beating

RickS's Photo RickS 14 Nov 2012

If Boner can beat DeMarco, then he will beat Matthysse. I'll give my pic on Sunday.

RickS, on 14 November 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

If Boner can beat DeMarco, then he will beat Matthysse. I'll give my pic on Sunday.

^ maybe

<p>

tknukle, on 14 November 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

^ maybe

Yep. Jury is still out on Boner, but DeMarco will be a good Gauge as to where he's at.

jlc80's Photo jlc80 14 Nov 2012

Broner would need to use the ring more and not stay in front matthyesse. I have yet to see Broner use his legs and box off the back foot effectively. Maybe he has the ability but I haven't seen it yet. He doesn't have the best balance or footwork unlike his pops.

Baltimore Live Home Of The Wire's Photo Baltimore Live Home Of The Wire 14 Nov 2012

This is how the majority of the boxing world felt about Mayweather vs Corales. But, as soon as Mayweather dominates him then you begin hearing rumors about how Corales may have effected by outside problems. Broner, is fighting the guy that most said he wouldn't. L
So, let's see what happens Saturday night and worrying about mythical bouts later.

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 14 Nov 2012

Weight? Either way, Broner is a superstar in the making. Lucas is not.

Knackers's Photo Knackers 14 Nov 2012

Baltimore Live Home Of The Wire, on 14 November 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

This is how the majority of the boxing world felt about Mayweather vs Corales. But, as soon as Mayweather dominates him then you begin hearing rumors about how Corales may have effected by outside problems. Broner, is fighting the guy that most said he wouldn't. L
So, let's see what happens Saturday night and worrying about mythical bouts later.
Indeed, precisely why I liken this bout to Mayweather vs Corrales in another thread. Not because of styles do much, but because of similar career projectories on both sides. This is Broner's opportunity to shine. What he does on Satudday night will tell usher about his character and future than his entire pro career to date

Style-wise, Boner should easily outbox DeMarco. We'll see.

atruesoutherngentleman's Photo atruesoutherngentleman 14 Nov 2012

I don't know why, but what I've seen of Broner, he reminds me more of Shane Mosley than Floyd Mayweather. He just seems a whole lot better when he's on the attack, a la Shane. He loops the hook a lot and that could be an opening that better opponents can exploit. Someone already mentioned his footwork. The only similarity that I see between he and Mayweather is the mimicking of Floyd's mannerisms and brashness, with the latter being something that didn't truly emerge in Floyd until his fight with Oscar. Right now I'd favor Matthysse, even if Broner beats DeMarco.

atruesoutherngentleman, on 14 November 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

I don't know why, but what I've seen of Broner, he reminds me more of Shane Mosley than Floyd Mayweather. He just seems a whole lot better when he's on the attack, a la Shane. He loops the hook a lot and that could be an opening that better opponents can exploit. Someone already mentioned his footwork. The only similarity that I see between he and Mayweather is the mimicking of Floyd's mannerisms and brashness, with the latter being something that didn't truly emerge in Floyd until his fight with Oscar. Right now I'd favor Matthysse, even if Broner beats DeMarco.

True. The only similarity between Boner and Floyd that I can see is the shoulder thing.