←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Bellew Targets Wbc Champ Dawson Ahead Of B...

watson748's Photo watson748 14 Nov 2012

<p>Tony Bellew hopes victory over Roberto Bolonti will take him closer to his dream of challenging for Chad Dawson's world title.

The 29-year-old takes on Argentinian Bolonti on the undercard of Carl Froch's November 17 IBF super-middleweight defence against Yusuf Mack.

A 19th career success in front of the Sky Sports cameras would propel Bellew to the upper reaches of the WBC light-heavyweight rankings, and champion Dawson is the ultimate target.

He said: "Roberto Bolonti is another step in the right direction, it is a WBC eliminator and it is for the Silver title.

"He is number five with the WBC and this should put one of us into the top three in my opinion, so I am hoping to get fast tracked to the WBC.

"I have stated for a long time that the WBC is the belt I would like to win. I believe it is the best belt in boxing, so it would be a dream come true. I believe Chad Dawson is the best light heavyweight in the world, but I would be happy to fight him."

Bellew's back-up plan involves targeting Tavoris Cloud's IBF belt, and he said: "I don't know which it is going to be but all I want to do is become a mandatory challenger.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 14 Nov 2012

dawson would destroy him wouldnt he?

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 14 Nov 2012

He would. Dawson was beaten by fighters with athleticism (and arguably Glenn Johnson) bellew would be a straight forward fight for him