←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Broner On Rees: I値l Be Eating Ice Cream I...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 13 Feb 2013

Broner: I’ll be eating ice cream in no time

BEST OF ENEMIES ... Adrien Broner and Gavin Rees are ready to go to war

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN
Published: 6 hrs ago

COCKY American Adrien Broner insists he has not watched ANY footage of Gavin Rees ahead of their dust-up on Saturday night.

WBC lightweight champ Broner is the overwhelming favourite going into the bout with Rees at the iconic Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

And the unbeaten 23-year-old clearly does not believe the Welshman stands a chance of leaving America with his title.

He said: “I don’t underestimate him. If we stood face-to-face, I probably couldn’t see him, but I respect him as a fighter.

“I respect every fighter because only a boxer knows what we go through once we get into that ring.

“Training camp was great but we don’t watch tapes. I’ve never seen him fight before.

“Put your glasses on because I am going to shine. Hook, right, goodnight. We are going to be eating ice cream in no time.”

While Broner believes he in will be in for a short night’s work, Rees is determined to silence the brash title-holder.

The former WBA light-welterweight boss, 32, said: “I’m going to knock him out Saturday night — and I can’t wait.

“His attitude stinks, man. He shows fighters no respect, but he hasn’t even earned the right to do that.

“What has he done? I’ve been in the States for five weeks now and American boxing fans don’t like him.

“They tell me they hope I beat him and shut him up. I think he acts like a fool for no reason and no one really likes that.

“Who has he fought? I’ve seen his fights and half of those guys just stood in front of him letting him dictate the pace of the fight.

“I’m not going to let him do that. This is the first fight that I have trained away from home because I’m going to show him I’m no walk in the park.

“I’ve never been stopped. I can take him out in the first round, but I am ready to go into deep water if I have to.”

rayajr's Photo rayajr 13 Feb 2013

Broner's an idiot but he can fight like a mother fucker. Haven't heard much about Rees so I'm guessing he takes a beating in this one.

I know it's a long shot but I'd love to see Broner in with the winner of Rios-Alvarado 2, especially if it's Rios.

SIMENEWT's Photo SIMENEWT 13 Feb 2013

Got a feeling Rees will be too brave for his own good. Can see a long sustained beating.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 13 Feb 2013

what u see is what u get with rees.

steady, strong, decent in combo's.

broner should deal with him.

le_fraise's Photo le_fraise 13 Feb 2013

BUT HOPE BEYOND HOPE, I WANT REES TO BURY THE MUTHAFUCKA, DISRESPECTFUL LITTLE CUNT

watson748's Photo watson748 19 Feb 2013

I think Broner's the real deal. He's and ass which makes people want to hate on him (me included), but there is just no denying his speed and power.  His power is whats going to be intriguing to me as he steps up. I think its also whats going to separate him from FMJ imo.

FMJ takes guys out with punches they don't see rather than sheer power and he is not as aggressive as Broner. He likes to sit back, shoulder roll and counter etc This guy is full on attack all the time because if he half throws a punch the power behind it is still devastating. He also has the chin to get him out of jail if everything fails (so far). Power and a solid chin. IMO FMJ doesn't have either of those qualities at an elite level.

Obviously its still early and he will come across guys who will be able to absorb what he dishing out, but it will be interesting to see how he and his power deal with it all. Personally I think his opponents will still go down because they still won't see the punches coming, powerful or not.

Smelodies's Photo Smelodies 19 Feb 2013

View PostRay Paterson, on 19 February 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

It was a mismatch but I liked the way he made Broner look a little foolish at times.  He slipped like 4 or 5 straight punches from the homosexual Broner and even cracked him good a few times.

Once Broner fights the best, his gay ass will get embarrassed.

Broner should be embarrased by some of his tweets back and forth with Floyd.