←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Teddy Atlas On Lamont Peterson Vs Lucas Ma...

True Fist's Photo True Fist 26 Feb 2013

Thanks for posting Glax. It would definitely be a great fight to see and an all action fight. Both guys come forward and will look to impose their will. A nice step up for Matthysse to prove his worth.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 26 Feb 2013

From the Banker:

Then you could see a collision between two premier junior welterweights in Lamont Peterson (who successfully returned to the ring by dismantling Kendall Holt last Friday night) and perhaps the most feared figure in this division, “The Machine,” Lucas Matthysse on May 18th.

“It seems to me that both fighters are open to it. Let’s see if we can get it done and potentially pair it up with Devon Alexander and Kell Brook,” said Schaefer of the fight that was supposed to take place this past weekend in Detroit before Alexander suffered a biceps injury in camp.

As for the venue, Schaefer is inclined to do it in a neutral setting for all four fighters. “I think we have to be fair; I wouldn’t do it in Argentina and I wouldn’t do it in Washington D.C. but maybe the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. That seems to be a perfect spot or other spots somewhere in the East Coast would be my preference.”

This should be music to Matthysse’s ears given his two losses to Alexander and Zab Judah were on enemy turf.

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 27 Feb 2013

Repertoire, on 26 February 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

his 3rd loss is going to come in a nuetral location
peterson beats him easily imo

Undisputed's Photo Undisputed 28 Feb 2013

I'd love to see it.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 28 Feb 2013

The_Ikon, on 27 February 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

peterson beats him easily imo

Nobody has an easy time with Matthysse. Guys that come forward looking to bang are perfect for him because that is what he wants to do. Peterson won't try to outbox him.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 01 Mar 2013

Remember when Lamont beat Amir Khan?  Good times. :D