←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Barry Hunter Feels Lamont Peterson Vs Luca...

mos-def's Photo mos-def 04 Mar 2013

Matty ain't beating Peterson. It won't even be that competitive.

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 05 Mar 2013

View Postmos-def, on 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I disagree.  While I liked the high guard defense Peterson utilized in the Holt fight, Matthysse isn't mentally fragile like Holt, and Peterson doesn't have the power to keep Matthysse off of him.  Not sure if Peterson can wither a phone booth type storm for 12 rounds against a puncher like Matthysse.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 05 Mar 2013

Seriously, outside of Mattys punch, he has nothing else. Yeah, he's got a chin but he's not this skilled fighter people seem to act like he is. He can be outboxed and out maneuvered. Peterson wins this..

mos-def's Photo mos-def 05 Mar 2013

View PostThe Akbar One, on 05 March 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

I disagree.  While I liked the high guard defense Peterson utilized in the Holt fight, Matthysse isn't mentally fragile like Holt, and Peterson doesn't have the power to keep Matthysse off of him.  Not sure if Peterson can wither a phone booth type storm for 12 rounds against a puncher like Matthysse.
Both Judah and Alexander did. Regardless of how you feel about those decisions, the fact is they both did. Peterson is at the very least more rugged than both.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 05 Mar 2013

View Postmos-def, on 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Mane Lamont would beat Matthysy and Marco Madonna mane

View Postprophecy, on 05 March 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Seriously, outside of Mattys punch, he has nothing else. Yeah, he's got a chin but he's not this skilled fighter people seem to act like he is. He can be outboxed and out maneuvered. Peterson wins this..

He actually has decent footwork as well.  He can stand and bang, or move on his toes if he needs to.  He isn't a straight up flat foot plodder if you haven't noticed. I don't see Peterson staying on the outside and boxing.  It will turn into a phone booth after a few rounds.

View Postmos-def, on 05 March 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Both Judah and Alexander did. Regardless of how you feel about those decisions, the fact is they both did. Peterson is at the very least more rugged than both.

Neither Judah or Alexander fought Matthysse in a phone booth, and both Judah and Alexander benefited from hometown scoring.

fourtheboys96's Photo fourtheboys96 05 Mar 2013

I dont see anything in Peterson that Matthyse cannot handle. Matthyse "beat" Alexander and Judah in their own style. He'll have no problem finding Peterson.

mos-def's Photo mos-def 06 Mar 2013

This guy has not a single notable win. Not one! But everyone is talking like he's the best kept secret or something. Guys, Matty ain't shit. Regardless of how you feel about his fight with Judah, what I did notice was for someone who was supposed to be such a feared puncher, he couldn't even run Judah outta the ring whereas everyone else has. That's all the barometer I need on him.