←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Adrien Broner If Danny Garcia Has The Wbc...

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 02 Mar 2013

Guess it doesnt matter he has a mandatory he is much more deserving.

scarecrow's Photo scarecrow 02 Mar 2013

Pretending not to know who Rios is was pathetic

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 02 Mar 2013

Broner being dumb as dirt fits nicely with his team strategy of making him the Mayweather wannabe and its hard to argue with how he is being brought up as its producing results. People keep questioning how Broner will handle a legitimate 140 lb fighter and seem not see the obvious. Broner is and has been a legitimate 140 lb fighter for awhile. He walks around in the 150 range and thats 150 in shape as hes a gym rat. The "problem" about Broner is unlike Floyd at this stage of his career its been a combination of savy mismatches and lack of opposition instead of legitimate threats. Floyd coasted from Castillo to Mosely but Broner hasnt had world class fights. He and the people putting names in his mouth are being very careful and maximizing the risk/reward potential. Not taking fights with Gamboa or Rios and throwing around Garcia's name is just smart business. Although Gamboa has clearly lost a step its still a riskier fight. Rios is just a freak in terms of his ability to wear down an opponent but Abril frankly gave him a boxing lesson and Broner is a cut above Abril in terms of pure boxing ability and of course his power is far above anyone at 130 or 135. Garcia is just the easier fight. Before anyone jumps on me about this im a fan of both Rios and Garcia and if either fight happens im praying they knock Broner out cold and while Rios has the better chance both fights would heavily favor Broner. Garcia is a "working" class fighter that is capitalizing on the Khan while avoiding the top guys and while as a fan it sucks i can't blame him for doing so. After Judah though he has run out of free passses. The Broner fight will most likely be his swan song at the top but unless he moves up for either Pac or Bradley i just dont see how he can avoid it.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 02 Mar 2013

good luck getting garcia in the ring

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 02 Mar 2013

I'll believe when I see it when it comes to al haymon matching his guys together.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 02 Mar 2013

johnnyblaze, on 02 March 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'll believe when I see it when it comes to al haymon matching his guys together.
I was just going to ask if these two are under the Haymon banner.

mbase1235's Photo mbase1235 03 Mar 2013

Broner is looking at the Burns fight like Floyd looked at fighting Gattie and Hatton, as a springboard into PPV status. Although Hatton, and even Gatti were way more popular. Rios-Broner would be difficult to make because of the Top Rank-GBP stupidity.

moneymaywhat?'s Photo moneymaywhat? 05 Mar 2013

This kid is full of confidence wich is good, however, Rios would do some damage n even Gamboa for that matter. Bradley n Pac ? What the fuk u smoking, Broner would be hurt bad n his career will be short very short. The kid is good but lets be honest WHO THE FUK HAS HE FOUGHT THAT will make anyone think he is ready for Pac or Bradley for that matter. I just want to see him tested for real like Cotto tested like get beat the fuk up n still keep going win loose or draw but they still havebt puthim in with ANYONE THAT COULD take him to deep waters. IMO....

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 05 Mar 2013

I never said anything about Broner fighting Bradley or Pac. I said i could see Garcia moving up to take on either. I agree with you about Broner. As i said earlier he hasnt proven much in terms of the competition he has faced.

Stxwolf's Photo Stxwolf 05 Mar 2013

I'm seeing more and more if this stuff about Broner jumping up to fight Malignaggi at 147. I'm hoping it's just wishful thinking on Paulie's part. There's too many good fights to be made for Broner at 140.

ojeda02's Photo ojeda02 05 Mar 2013

He probably thinks if he doesnt believe in Rios then Brandon will just cease to exist. Broner is an idiot.

stylish's Photo stylish 06 Mar 2013

broner will beat the shit out of pac. is pac awake yet? i dont think pac will take that fight.