←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Video: Jean Pascal Talks About Bernard Hop...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 12 Mar 2013

Former light heavyweight champ Jean Pascal talks about Bernard Hopkins' record-breaking victory over Tavoris Cloud (with a playful interruption by B-hop) and about his next fight, a May 25 showdown against either RING champ Chad Dawson or Lucian Bute.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 12 Mar 2013

:D Very nice Glax. It was pretty cool to see Pascal there, supporting Hopkins and giving him props. He has nothing but respect for him. Always great to see a former opponent become a friend. Especially after that steroid accusations.

Undisputed's Photo Undisputed 12 Mar 2013

Always liked Pascal. Technically deficient but quick and explosive. Always interesting to watch and I hope he and Bute can make it happen in Canada.

Spike's Photo Spike 14 Mar 2013

hops saying he ain't going to be around to long, i think iv'e heard that before.

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 15 Mar 2013

True Fist, on 12 March 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

:D Very nice Glax. It was pretty cool to see Pascal there, supporting Hopkins and giving him props. He has nothing but respect for him. Always great to see a former opponent become a friend. Especially after that steroid accusations.

Taketh see tezt B-nard! Maybe B-nard and GBP will further assist him in Canada and other Canadian fighters/shows..

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 15 Mar 2013

Spike, on 14 March 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

hops saying he ain't going to be around to long, i think iv'e heard that before.

This time its the truth... :D. Wasn't he supposed to stop at 40 over his dying Momma wish?

True Fist's Photo True Fist 15 Mar 2013

The_Ikon, on 15 March 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Taketh see tezt B-nard! Maybe B-nard and GBP will further assist him in Canada and other Canadian fighters/shows..

I could see that angle. There is tons of money to be made off the Canadian fighters. The fans pack in those venues for them.

shove-aloe's Photo shove-aloe 15 Mar 2013

True Fist, on 15 March 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I could see that angle. There is tons of money to be made off the Canadian fighters. The fans pack in those venues for them.

Especially in Montreal

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 15 Mar 2013

shove-aloe, on 15 March 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Exclusively in Montreal

*fixed

There's a reason why most Canadian fighters are French-Canadians. Same reason that Lennox left for Britain, the anglos in this country don't support boxing nearly enough. Unless it was Oscar or Lewis vs Tyson, most bars wouldn't be carrying boxing on the Danforth(in Toronto) and that has the highest concentration of bars and restaurants per square km anywhere in the world! They do show UFC though as the younger crowd have embraced that

Spike's Photo Spike 15 Mar 2013

The_Ikon, on 15 March 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

This time its the truth... :D. Wasn't he supposed to stop at 40 over his dying Momma wish?
yeah and i cant believe there are actually posters that held that against him :lol:  like hops is the first dude to not live up to a promise he made his moms.