←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Mayweather Shreds Andre Ward: Broner Is Mo...

watson748's Photo watson748 13 Mar 2013

Something rubbed WBC welterweight Floyd Mayweather Jr. the wrong way. During a recent interview, Mayweather took several shots at Andre Ward, the WBC/WBA super middleweight champion. Mayweather first took offense with Ward's nickname, S.O.G. [Son of God].

"He calls himself S.O.G. If I'm not mistaken, that stands for Son of God. Last time I checked, we're all God's children. When one fighter is facing another fighter, God don't choose sides. What's going to happen in life is going to happen. Everything is already planned out. Listen man, if you're going to be a pastor, go to church. If you're going to be a reverend, go to church. If you're going to be a boxer, be a boxer. I mean, one minute, they want to say all this S.O.G. stuff, and the next minute, they wanna go put tattoos on they body. I ain't never seen a pastor boxing. I ain't never seen a reverend boxing. I say a prayer that my opponent lives to fight another day and I live to fight another day. You got these guys trying to hurt a man on Saturday and then going to praise the Lord on Sunday," Mayweather said.

Then Mayweather took a few more shots after hearing that Ward would backing Robert Guerrero to win on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"Not knocking Andre Ward, but he can't sell tickets nowhere. He can't sell tickets in Las Vegas. This is the only guy I know that's a gold medalist, but don't nobody know he's a gold medalist. He's a gold medalist, but he's making money like he don't even got a medal. Like I said before, Andre Ward, he's a good fighter, but who knows him? If you're not in Oakland, you don't even know who he is. He's getting older and time is ticking, so I mean, when is he going to ever leave Oakland and put assess in seats somewhere else?," Mayweather said.

"You know, you got fighters, sometimes, they speak on certain situations where the thing is this, like I always tell you before, when you're a fighter getting a million dollars, a million dollar fighter like Andre Ward, if anything, you need to come to my camp so you can learn the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide. I got the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide. We know Adrien Broner is more known than Andre Ward. He don't even have an amateur background. He's got a gold medal? Let me get it and I'll melt it down and get a medallion made."

prophecy's Photo prophecy 13 Mar 2013

Floyd must be mad he didn't get that gold in '96. Andre is known for fighting and beating the best in his weight class. Floyd should stop while he's ahead.. Stupid argument to even have

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 13 Mar 2013

this is haterish but he is stating as lot of truths

atruesoutherngentleman's Photo atruesoutherngentleman 13 Mar 2013

Floyd should... STFU!

Arenas worldwide Floyd <_< really?

ATLien's Photo ATLien 13 Mar 2013

If a boxer's worth is to be measured by how many fans he puts in the seats, and how well he's known then fine he's correct in that regard, but I have more respect for what he's gone out and done in the ring in terms of seeking out competition and conquering all. (athough I wish he would've fought Bute be it in Candada or where ever)  We know what Floyd's about so this comes as no surpise.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 13 Mar 2013

as critical as you can be about the fights flloyd hasn't taken his resume is still leagues ahead of ward. ward has 2 great wins, 3 if you include dawson which at 168 i personally dont

watson748's Photo watson748 13 Mar 2013

Doesn't seem that long ago when they couldn't give away the tickets for Floyds fight against Baldomir in Vegas. :unsure:

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 13 Mar 2013

Hes right about the son of god thing no doubt, that always bugged me.  But I do remember a preacher boxing before, big george.  I last time I checked floyd hasnt sold out arenas worldwide, or anywhere else in this country except for vegas, so I dont understand that pointless rant.  andre draws well in oak town, y wouldnt he want to keep fighting there?  very few boxers have been able to sell out arenas worldwide, tyson and ali come to mind.

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 13 Mar 2013

I remember that watson!  I was pissed cuz I had peeps over for a fight party, and couldnt order the ppv cuz they didnt lift the black out here in vegas bcuz of poor ticket sales.

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 13 Mar 2013

I miss Brian Kenny

mos-def's Photo mos-def 13 Mar 2013

Don't know where this is coming from. Last vid I saw of Ward being asked about this fight Ward said something like "gotta go with the master" but also said RG was solid and wasn't completely out of the fight. These two will never meet and will probably squash this before long so who really cares?

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 13 Mar 2013

Is this legit ?  Because Ward and Mayweather have always been close friends.

mos-def, on 13 March 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Don't know where this is coming from. Last vid I saw of Ward being asked about this fight Ward said something like "gotta go with the master" but also said RG was solid and wasn't completely out of the fight. These two will never meet and will probably squash this before long so who really cares?

Wonder if they are doing what Mayweather and 50 cent did, fake arguing to get people talking.  Wouldn't surprise me in this day and age.

Where the article from ?

Boxingscene.com

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 13 Mar 2013

LaceUpBoxing@LaceUpBoxing
Andre Ward: "If Mayweather has a problem with me or something that I said, he can pick up the phone & we can talk about it like men"