←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ward's Manager (j Prince) Sends Strong...

Baltimore Live Home Of The Wire's Photo Baltimore Live Home Of The Wire 14 Mar 2013

In response to an earlier story on BoxingScene.com , where WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. took several shots at WBC/WBA super middleweight king Andre Ward - James Prince, the current manager of Ward and ex-manager of Mayweather, had plenty to say in response to Floyd Jr.'s unexpected verbal jabs."First of all I don't know what demonic spirit jumped into Mayweather causing him to try to assassinate my fighter's character because he is a fighter and a man of God - as if it's a sin to worship God and fight.  It goes to show his ignorance in the word of God because there are prophets throughout the Bible that were fighters, warriors, hit men - and none of them were punks.  So for Mayweather to attack a man's spirituality because he has been friends with Robert Guerrero since they were kids and he's riding with him is just an excuse to voice his haterism that's really in his heart for me and Dre," Prince said in a statement to BoxingScene.com."Dre never had nothing but respect for this dude, but if he thinks there is something weak about Andre Ward - then he can eat some steaks and put some weight on his ass so Dre can whip it.  Not knocking Floyd Mayweather, but he knows he couldn't draw flies to a dumpster until he beat Oscar De la Hoya.  I know this is true because I was managing him when he couldn't sell out his hometown of Grand Rapids or the San Francisco Auditorium, which only seats 6,000 people.""By the way, any man that represented the United States of America and won a gold medal is not only known, but appreciated by all Americans - something Floyd didn't accomplish.  And that invitation on his blueprint for knowing how to get millions - we pass on that, because we know how to make millions, but more importantly, how to keep it.""And yeah, I see how he's trying to befriend Broner so he won't be faced with Broner gettin' in his ass.  But at the end of the day, he would have a problem with Broner because Broner is a real one.  And Floyd knows, like I know, that he's uncomfortable with real men around him."

***After reading that I guarantee that this flame will be put out swiftly. J. Prince is well known and respected by almost every Mobster and Felon in the U.S. and he didn't earn that respect by selling lemonade at a stand if you get what I'm trying to say. His response to, Floyd, was vicious yet true. Sure, Floyd, is the man now but Prince was with him when he was climbing the ranks. But, do not discount Prince's bitterness towards, Floyd, over dropping him year's ago. Mayweather was in the same exact position Ward's currently in while being managed by, Prince. Mayweather always felt like he was a star who wasn't promoted or marketed right so to try and achieve higher goals he got rid of J Prince and Bob Arum. It also shocks me to hear about a guy with Prince's background talk about "Demonic Spirits". Nevertheless this is great exposure for Mr. Ward and Mayweather's people and Prince's people will work to put out these flames. I believe Prince has wanted to tell Floyd about himself for quite some time but never truly had the platform to do without coming off as bitter. One last thing. If Prince feels as though Mayweather's aligning himself with Broner to avoid an ass whipping. Does he feel the same about Hopkins trying to align himself with Ward? (Rhetorical)***

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 14 Mar 2013

this is some faggy tmz shit which i have come to expect from b/c

RickS's Photo RickS 14 Mar 2013

Mayweather plays the bad guy, a thug, and that image sells as much as his skills.

DGizzle's Photo DGizzle 14 Mar 2013

haha I remember when J Prince and his goons beat the hell out of ole Lenny Ellerbe, I don't think they'll respond to J Prince

G.D.'s Photo G.D. 14 Mar 2013

Perhaps this will become a gangster fight?

Here's the poll question:  Which mobster would win, gang vs. gang?  Al Haymon or J Prince?

bomani-d's Photo bomani-d 14 Mar 2013

G.D., on 14 March 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Here's the poll question:  Which mobster would win, gang vs. gang?  Al Haymon or J Prince?
my money is on haymon

slickvik69's Photo slickvik69 15 Mar 2013

bomani-d, on 14 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

my money is on haymon

Prince. Haymon is not a gangster

da_dog27's Photo da_dog27 15 Mar 2013

I like Prince,  all of the Texas rappers give him shout outs.

RickS's Photo RickS 15 Mar 2013

G.D., on 14 March 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Depends on whose drive-by gets there first.

The_Ikon's Photo The_Ikon 15 Mar 2013

I really hate fake gangster rap guys

TKOsFinest's Photo TKOsFinest 15 Mar 2013

da_dog27, on 15 March 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

I like Prince,  all of the Texas rappers give him shout outs.

He the man behind Scarface, The Geto Boys and Ra-A-Lot records. He a pioneer in the rap game.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 15 Mar 2013

bomani-d, on 14 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

my money is on haymon
Haymon already won.  He took Floyd from Prince, and there was nothing he could do to stop him.

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 15 Mar 2013

johnnyblaze, on 15 March 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Haymon already won.  He took Floyd from Prince, and there was nothing he could do to stop him.

Didn't Haymon hire some guys to deal with the Prince dudes that roughed up Ellerbe? Dunno where I read that.

ReggieJay, on 15 March 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Didn't Haymon hire some guys to deal with the Prince dudes that roughed up Ellerbe? Dunno where I read that.
That's the story.  After that, not another peep.

slickvik69, on 15 March 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Prince. Haymon is not a gangster
You haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.