←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Froch Vs Kessler Predictions

Poll: Froch vs Kessler (11 member(s) have cast votes)

What's going to happen?

1. Froch win by KO (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Froch win on points (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

3. Kessler win by KO (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Kessler win on points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 23 May 2013

How do people see this going?

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 23 May 2013

froch pts.

get the feeling kessler will have deserved it though.

I thought about having two options.

"Froch on points"   and "Froch on points, though Kessler deserves"  :lol:

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 23 May 2013

Fuck it, went for Kessler via stoppage.

View PostSugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 23 May 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Fuck it, went for Kessler via stoppage.

Was it really necessary to drop the F-bomb in that post? <_<

watson748's Photo watson748 23 May 2013

I think Froch will stop Kessler quite easily but only if he really goes for it. In the first fight Froch was sometimes guilty of sitting back after he had thrown a good combo and not following up as fast as perhaps he should. If he goes for Kessler like he did with Bute I think he could stop the Dane before the 7th.

Many of these big hyped rematched fights are usually complete busts because people tend to forget that in the time since the first match usually one of the protagonists careers has ascended while the others hasn't. Since being battered by Ward and then although winning against Froch, still battered, Kessler has only has three soft touches in three years and was dropped in one of them. I don't really know if he is either mentally or physically ready for Froch.

View Postwatson748, on 23 May 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I think Froch will stop Kessler quite easily but only if he really goes for it. In the first fight Froch was sometimes guilty of sitting back after he had thrown a good combo and not following up as fast as perhaps he should. If he goes for Kessler like he did with Bute I think he could stop the Dane before the 7th.

Many of these big hyped rematched fights are usually complete busts because people tend to forget that in the time since the first match usually one of the protagonists careers has ascended while the others hasn't. Since being battered by Ward and then although winning against Froch, still battered, Kessler has only has three soft touches in three years and was dropped in one of them. I don't really know if he is either mentally or physically ready for Froch.

Apart from the Bute fight, I don't think I've ever seen Froch come out like that and I think the Bute fight is leading to a lot of people to over-estimate his chances. It all comes down to how much Kessler has fallen for me. If Kessler is at approximately the same level he was for the first fight, I can see Kessler putting it on Froch if he sticks to the boxing and doesn't get involved in a tear up as he did in the latter stages of the first fight.

I think Froch has fallen more in love with his 'power' than ever following the Bute demolition job and I believe he'll be over confident.

That's what I'm leaning to today but my opinion could change as I was originally going with a Froch stoppage. :lol:

View Postwatson748, on 23 May 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

You could say pretty much the same about Froch. Since being battered by Kessler and losing, Froch has had two soft touches in Johnson and Mack as well as facing the overhyped Bute.

watson748's Photo watson748 23 May 2013

View PostSugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 23 May 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Apart from the Bute fight, I don't think I've ever seen Froch come out like that and I think the Bute fight is leading to a lot of people to over-estimate his chances. It all comes down to how much Kessler has fallen for me. If Kessler is at approximately the same level he was for the first fight, I can see Kessler putting it on Froch if he sticks to the boxing and doesn't get involved in a tear up as he did in the latter stages of the first fight.

I think Froch has fallen more in love with his 'power' than ever following the Bute demolition job and I believe he'll be over confident.

That's what I'm leaning to today but my opinion could change as I was originally going with a Froch stoppage. :lol:

View PostSugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 23 May 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

You could say pretty much the same about Froch. Since being battered by Kessler and losing, Froch has had two soft touches in Johnson and Mack as well as facing the overhyped Bute.

True. Plus Frochs doesn't really possess one punch power, but more heavy clubbing power, effective if opponents stand and trade with him over many rounds. Hense his poor showings against fast nimble fighters such as Taylor, Drivell and Ward. If Kessler is smart and fights from a distance then he could beat him. The problem is that I have never seen Kessler fight that way, but you never know.

I've just noticed Gay Lover Bellew is on the Carl Froch undercard. :D

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 23 May 2013

View PostBlaxima, on 23 May 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Been really looking forward to this one.

I think Kessler has dropped off a little while Froch hasn't. I agree with Ward, if someone is getting stopped it will be Kessler.

Like them both but pulling for Kessler. Think it will be Froch on points though

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 23 May 2013

Froch points.

SIMENEWT's Photo SIMENEWT 23 May 2013

Froch KO round 11. Not confident in saying that. When the fight was made I was far more confident than I am now. Starting to doubt myself. Don't like how Froch is acting. Is there plenty of bars around the O2 to watch Champs League final? Or is it like Wembley with fuck all for miles.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 23 May 2013

View PostSIMENEWT, on 23 May 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Froch KO round 11. Not confident in saying that. When the fight was made I was far more confident than I am now. Starting to doubt myself. Don't like how Froch is acting. Is there plenty of bars around the O2 to watch Champs League final? Or is it like Wembley with fuck all for miles.

There's bars there, quite a few bars and restaurants actually. They get packed though so make sure you get some decent seats.

View PostSIMENEWT, on 23 May 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Never been to the 02?  You're in for a surprise. :lol:    Once inside the dome you have to walk past about a miles worth of bars and restaurants just to get to the arena.   There is even a cinema complex inside it.