←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Bernard Hopkins: I'd Travel By Boat To...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 24 May 2013

Bernard Hopkins: I'd travel by boat to fight Carl Froch

ESPN star

Bernard Hopkins doesn't think Carl Froch v Mikkel Kessler will even be close this weekend

Bernard Hopkins has backed Carl Froch to beat Mikkel Kessler this weekend and stated his desire to put on "one of the biggest press conferences in boxing".

Hopkins, the sport's oldest world champion at the age of 48, has his own affairs to get in order when he takes on mandatory IBF light-heavyweight challenger Karo Murat on July 13.

Once he gets through that bout the American wants Froch, who he sees as favourite for Saturday's showdown with Kessler for the IBF and WBA super-middleweight championships.

To read the full article - Click here and visit ESPN - Hopkins: I'd travel by boat to fight Froch

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 24 May 2013

Hopkins wants this Froch fight... worse case scenario for Froch I think.  I think Hopkins still has enough to expose Froch.

Menty's Photo Menty 24 May 2013

Awful fight - Hopkins just mauls Froch on the inside all day long. Still reckon Froch beats this version of Hopkins though

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 24 May 2013

If I was Froch I would stay away from this fight, it has the potential to have a very negative impact on his career, if he did get exposed then it's something that would stick out like sore dick when people look back. If I was Froch I'd let someone else who hasn't got that many options take on Hopkins, someone like... erm Ward.  Let him take the risk of being involved in a piss poor fight against a 50 year old.

Menty's Photo Menty 24 May 2013

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 24 May 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

If I was Froch I would stay away from this fight, it has the potential to have a very negative impact on his career, if he did get exposed then it's something that would stick out like sore dick when people look back. If I was Froch I'd let someone else who hasn't got that many options take on Hopkins, someone like... erm Ward.  Let him take the risk of being involved in a piss poor fight against a 50 year old.
Yeah, its a no win high risk fight for Froch.

Manchester Hitman's Photo Manchester Hitman 24 May 2013

Hideous fight...no thanks.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 25 May 2013

fuck off hopkins.

so bored with him now.

haven't even bothered watching the cloud fight. :D

just saw the result and checked out some post fight write ups and youtube opinions.

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 25 May 2013

This thread was tweeted out on Twitter thanks to
@hurricanehorton