←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Andre Ward: 'carl Froch Needs To Beat...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 24 May 2013

Andre Ward: 'Carl Froch needs to beat me to become a great'

Carl Froch v Mikkel Kessler
  • Venue: O2 Arena, London
  • Date: Saturday, 25 May
Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio Nottingham from 23:00 BST, and live text commentary - including the build-up and undercard fights - on the BBC Sport website, mobiles and app.

Carl Froch will only be considered a boxing great if the Briton returns to the United States and avenges his loss to Andre Ward, says the American.

Super-middleweight Froch is preparing for a world title fight against Mikkel Kessler on Saturday.
The 35-year-old has only lost twice in his career, against Kessler and Ward.

"That result eats away at him," Ward told BBC Sport. "For him to be considered an all-time great he has to try and come and avenge that loss."

Ward, who is second behind Floyd Mayweather Jr in Ring magazine's pound for pound world rankings,  has arrived in the UK to watch Saturday's fight at the O2 Arena.

Read the rest of this article at BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk...boxing/22646283

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 24 May 2013

Poor Froch won't be looked at as an all time great super middle yet Calzaghe will be, I have a sneaky suspicion if Calzaghe had Froch's resume he wouldn't have that shiny 0 on his record which is sort of Calzaghe's saving grace considering the amount of years he spent getting the Frank Warren treatment.

Menty's Photo Menty 24 May 2013

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 24 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Poor Froch won't be looked at as an all time great super middle yet Calzaghe will be, I have a sneaky suspicion if Calzaghe had Froch's resume he wouldn't have that shiny 0 on his record which is sort of Calzaghe's saving grace considering the amount of years he spent getting the Frank Warren treatment.

Yeah its always difficult to compare and its true that Calzaghe had some fights that were tougher than they should have been. But having said that at his best I would pick him to find a way to beat the version of Ward who beat Froch. Fwank or no Fwank, given his habit of picking up injuries I couldnt see Calzaghe fighting such high rated boxers that Froch has consecutively - there would still have been a few Rick Thornberrys and Tucker Podwills in there in between the big fights.

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 24 May 2013

Funny how Ward talks up a rematch but says Froch needs to travel(again) for it

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 24 May 2013

Don't necessarily agree with ward. Fighters can be greats without avenging all their losses, off the top of my head Barrera and morales come to mind

Sounds like ward is begging for the Froch fight again as he can't draw flies to shit himself

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 24 May 2013

View Postcrakaveli, on 24 May 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Sounds like ward is begging for the Froch fight again as he can't draw flies to shit himself

just another reason why that fight should be in Britland

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 24 May 2013

View PostBlaxima, on 24 May 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

just another reason why that fight should be in Britland

Have it in Croydon.

:D