←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Nathan Cleverly Hopeful Of Future Carl Fro...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 25 May 2013

Cleverly hopeful of future Froch fight

ESPN
May 25, 2013

Nathan Cleverly has made four defences of his WBO title © PA Photos

Nathan Cleverly has revealed Carl Froch could be a potential challenger for his WBO light-heavyweight title.

Froch and Mikkel Kessler meet at the O2 Arena on Saturday in a repeat of their 2010 tussle, where Kessler inflicted a first career defeat on Froch after winning by a unanimous points decision.

While IBF champion Froch and WBA title holder Kessler prepare for another bruising encounter, Cleverly believes fellow Briton Froch could make the step up in division and face him in the future.

"In that super-middleweight division, any one of those guys could potentially move up to the light-heavyweight division, it's only 7lbs difference," Cleverly told BBC Radio Five Live.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE NOW ON ESPN AT: http://www.espn.co.u...ory/208930.html

watson748's Photo watson748 25 May 2013

be a hell of a fight if it ever happened. Both fighters defend using their faces and fight on the front foot.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 25 May 2013

Everyone wants a bit of Froch, don't see anyone calling out ward

watson748's Photo watson748 25 May 2013

View Postcrakaveli, on 25 May 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Everyone wants a bit of Froch, don't see anyone calling out ward

No money in that fight. It the usual high risk low reward.

I said on BC the other day I would even doubt the winner of the fight tonight would go for Ward such is his poor PPV record. If Froch wins then a third deciding fight would be much more profitable than Ward. Having said all that Cleverly isn't that big a deal anyway and would probably be lucky if Ward gave him a second look.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 25 May 2013

Cleverly is pants I agree. As good as ward is I'm glad nobody wants to see him, he spoils more than Hopkins and is almost half his age it's embarrassing