←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Tony Bellew Speaks - Beats Isaac Chilemba...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 25 May 2013

Tony Bellew beats Isaac Chilemba to become mandatory challenger
By Michael Emons BBC Sport  
Tony Bellew won his final eliminator for the WBC world light-heavyweight title as he clinched a unanimous points win against Malawi's Isaac Chilemba.

Liverpool's Bellew, 30, sealed the victory by 117-112, 116-112 and 116-112 margins at the O2 Arena in London.

He will now become the mandatory challenger to fight either American Chad Dawson, the current WBC world champion, or Canadian Adonis Stevenson.

"I'm just so happy. I stuck with it and he didn't want it," said Bellew.

“I will fight until I've not got anything left. You have to put me on the floor to beat me”

Tony Bellew

He made a bright start and excelled with the jab to take the early rounds, but grew frustrated with Chilemba's spoiling tactics.

But Bellew battled hard and, despite a late fightback from his opponent, claimed the victory after landing 234 punches compared to 170 from Chilemba.

The pair had fought out a draw in Liverpool in March and Bellew admitted he had been motivated by the criticism he had received after that contest.

"I've been through hell and I've tortured myself since the last fight," he said.

"I've had to put up with some stick with people doubting me on forums and on Twitter, but everyone questioned the wrong person.
"I went straight back into training camp and I've hated boxing these last eight weeks.

"The difference this time was I wasn't dead on my feet after seven rounds like I was before when I was lucky not to go out on a stretcher.

"But I will fight until I've not got anything left, you have to put me on the floor to beat me."

It was only the second defeat of 26-year-old Chilemba's career but Bellew, who has now won 20 of 22 professional contests, is now ready to move up for a world title shot.

He is expected to fight the winner of the Dawson v Stevenson bout, which takes place in June.

DG.'s Photo DG. 26 May 2013

IFILM london need to sort their sound out, I can hardly hear them speak!

Had to put the headphones on my laptop.

Bellew is shit.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 26 May 2013

View PostDG., on 26 May 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

IFILM london need to sort their sound out, I can hardly hear them speak!

Had to put the headphones on my laptop.

Bellew is shit.

:lol: