←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

George Groves Knocks Out Noe Gonzalez In F...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 25 May 2013

George Groves knocks out Noe Gonzalez in fifth round

Last Updated: May 25, 2013 11:09pm

Posted Image
George Groves knocked out Noe Gonzalez in the fifth round (pic by Lawrence Lustig)
George Groves staked his claim for world title shot with an explosive knockout win over Noe Gonzalez at the 02 Arena in London.
Groves hopes to face one of the super-middleweight champions this year and he sent out a chilling warning to his rivals after ruthlessly dismantling Gonzalez inside five rounds.
Gonzalez is a former world title challenger, but he could not contend with the British fighter's classy ring skills and Groves displayed his full repertoire before ending the bout with a big right hand.
Groves quickly found the range with his swift jab in the opener and a right hand soon ripped through Gonzalez's defences.
The Argentinian marched forward with purpose but struggled to land a clean punch on Groves, who boxed neatly off the back foot.

Read the rest of this article at Sky Sports: http://www1.skysport...y/28808/8735406

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 25 May 2013

he looked good against another over matched opponent.

He's ranked in the top 5 of all the majors so it's time for a real test I'd say

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 26 May 2013

View PostBlaxima, on 25 May 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Correct.

Get him in with another top ten opponent.

Menty's Photo Menty 26 May 2013

View PostBlaxima, on 25 May 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Agree, sticking him in with has beens like Glen Johnson and never weres like Gonzalez isnt doing Groves any favours.

Blaxima's Photo Blaxima 26 May 2013

View PostMenty, on 26 May 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Agree, sticking him in with has beens like Glen Johnson and never weres like Gonzalez isnt doing Groves any favours.

low blow, but true :(