←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Oscar Delahoya Files $50 Million Doll...

Crow's Photo Crow 26 Jun 2014

.

Golden Boy, Schaefer to arbitration

June 26, 2014,By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com


Lest anyone think that Richard Schaefer would simply walk away from Golden Boy Promotions without any blowback from president, co-founder and former friend Oscar De La Hoya, think again.

Last week, Golden Boy filed an arbitration for $50 million in damages against Schaefer, who resigned as CEO earlier this month, a source with knowledge of the filing told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Other than the dollar figure it is asking for, it is unclear what Golden Boy is accusing Schaefer of, although much of the public discussion surrounding his leaving the company has centered on the fact that he regularly put fighters advised by Al Haymon on major cards even though Golden Boy did not have them under promotional contract, which angered De La Hoya.

The reason that the case is going to private arbitration rather than court, where the records would be public, is because Schaefer's employment agreement with Golden Boy has a clause stating that if either party sued the other it would be done through arbitration rather than a lawsuit, according to the source.

De La Hoya, the majority shareholder of the company, declined to comment through a Golden Boy spokesperson.

Reached by telephone, Schaefer, who still holds a roughly 8 percent stake in the company, said simply, "I have no comment. I'm not going to talk about it."

Golden Boy has maintained that Schaefer remains under contract to the company through March 2018.



http://espn.go.com/n...ichard-schaefer


.
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 26 Jun 2014

Go del LA hoya make that money that guy is a scum :-)
Quote

rayajr's Photo rayajr 26 Jun 2014

View Postboxadore, on 26 June 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Go del LA hoya make that money that guy is a scum :-)
Well said.
Quote

Fisticuffs's Photo Fisticuffs 26 Jun 2014

Schaefer quit without honoring his contract. That is why oscar has standing for the suit. Schaefer is a f@g, he can take a hike. I hope oscar bleeds this guy dry.
Quote

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Jun 2014

Although I do think RS might have been doing shady shit behind oscars back....oscar needs to accept his faultnin the whole mess as well...I hope he comes out victorious but I don't see him winning 50 mil
Quote

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 27 Jun 2014

Just a negotiating tactic.  Richard will look to compensate some, likely in return for release out of his contract and non-compete clause.  Fact is Oscar is scrambling and his fishnets won't help him stay afloat.
Quote

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 27 Jun 2014

View Postlefty lou, on 27 June 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Although I do think RS might have been doing shady shit behind oscars back....oscar needs to accept his faultnin the whole mess as well...I hope he comes out victorious but I don't see him winning 50 mil
Why hope that Oscar comes out victorious?  We have got some really good cards with the banker at the helm, all while Oscar was blowing his life away.  Everyone knows Oscar's a d1ck in life so why such empathy for the guy, I have no idea.
Quote

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 27 Jun 2014

View Postboxing#1, on 27 June 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:


Why hope that Oscar comes out victorious?  We have got some really good cards with the banker at the helm, all while Oscar was blowing his life away.  Everyone knows Oscar's a d1ck in life so why such empathy for the guy, I have no idea.
MANE ane it aint Dick fault da tranny boxer is a dope fiend junky crackhead ya digs. Fucks dat fake ass muthafucker bitch Mexicane Mericane
Quote

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 27 Jun 2014

View PostShameLess, on 27 June 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

MANE ane it aint Dick fault da tranny boxer is a dope fiend junky crackhead ya digs. Fucks dat fake ass muthafucker bitch Mexicane Mericane
Dam rite my nigaz!
Quote

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Jun 2014

View Postboxing#1, on 27 June 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:


Why hope that Oscar comes out victorious?  We have got some really good cards with the banker at the helm, all while Oscar was blowing his life away.  Everyone knows Oscar's a d1ck in life so why such empathy for the guy, I have no idea.

Not ti recently have we seen good matchups...plus if RS was really down for GBP he would have signed them to contracts...him and haymon were up to some shady shit...
Quote

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Jun 2014

View PostShameLess, on 27 June 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

MANE ane it aint Dick fault da tranny boxer is a dope fiend junky crackhead ya digs. Fucks dat fake ass muthafucker bitch Mexicane Mericane

Shut up toothless
Quote

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 27 Jun 2014

View Postlefty lou, on 27 June 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

Not ti recently have we seen good matchups...plus if RS was really down for GBP he would have signed them to contracts...him and haymon were up to some shady shit...
Maybe Richard realized that these contracts in the current system is what has been ruining the sport.  Maybe he was trying something a little different and seeing if he could then make the better match ups.  I don't know enough about the inner workings of what went down, but it seems that Richard maybe GB into the outfit it's been, not Oscar.  He could only work in the environment that he was provided, while old time slobs like Bob tried to make sure that the old corrupt status quo stayed.
Quote

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Jun 2014

View Postboxing#1, on 27 June 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:


Maybe Richard realized that these contracts in the current system is what has been ruining the sport.  Maybe he was trying something a little different and seeing if he could then make the better match ups.  I don't know enough about the inner workings of what went down, but it seems that Richard maybe GB into the outfit it's been, not Oscar.  He could only work in the environment that he was provided, while old time slobs like Bob tried to make sure that the old corrupt status quo stayed.

The point of being a promoter is to have guys SIGNED AND FIGHTING under your banner...FMJ wasn't signed but he doesn't need to be...all the other fighters that are working with haymon but not signed to GBP is not on that level...he was the CEO..he had full control of the company...I think he had alterior motives towards the end...you say he tried something different to make fights...but which fighters outside of GBP did he makes fights with? None...
Quote

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 27 Jun 2014

View Postlefty lou, on 27 June 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

The point of being a promoter is to have guys SIGNED AND FIGHTING under your banner...FMJ wasn't signed but he doesn't need to be...all the other fighters that are working with haymon but not signed to GBP is not on that level...he was the CEO..he had full control of the company...I think he had alterior motives towards the end...you say he tried something different to make fights...but which fighters outside of GBP did he makes fights with? None...
I don't think not fighting with fighters outside of GB is any mystery.  Bob made a shameful debacle of the whole Pac-Floyd fight and I'm sure Richard realized it's vermin like Bob that have kept this game in the trash can that it has been.  I do believe he was trying to form more of a unified entity in which they would be able to control a large pool of fighters and set up the best fights i.e. MMA.  As a CEO there is no reason he can't try and take the company in a new direction and the President was seemingly no where around to give his thoughts or inputs to such.  Hell, Oscar might have agreed with the premise initially and gave an informal go ahead while he decided to track down trannies and fishnets.
Quote

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Jun 2014

View Postboxing#1, on 27 June 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:


I don't think not fighting with fighters outside of GB is any mystery.  Bob made a shameful debacle of the whole Pac-Floyd fight and I'm sure Richard realized it's vermin like Bob that have kept this game in the trash can that it has been.  I do believe he was trying to form more of a unified entity in which they would be able to control a large pool of fighters and set up the best fights i.e. MMA.  As a CEO there is no reason he can't try and take the company in a new direction and the President was seemingly no where around to give his thoughts or inputs to such.  Hell, Oscar might have agreed with the premise initially and gave an informal go ahead while he decided to track down trannies and fishnets.

That doesn't make sense if he was trying to buikd an mma type organization...he would still need them signed
Quote