←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Floyd Mayweather And Marcos Maidana Give C...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Aug 2014

FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND MARCOS MAIDANA GIVE CAMP UPDATES AND THOUGHTS ON THEIR SEPTEMBER 13 REMATCH TAKING PLACE AT THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA LIVE ON SHOWTIME PPV®

LAS VEGAS (August 8, 2014) – As we inch closer to the highly anticipated boxing event “MAYHEM: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2, both Floyd “Money” Mayweather and Marcos “El Chino” Maidana participated in separate “network affiliate days” earlier this week in promotion of the SHOWTIME PPV presentation of their rematch.  

Here’s what the fighters had to say with just over a month to go before mayhem in Las Vegas.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER, Eleven-Time, Five-Division World Champion

"The first fight was action packed for the first four rounds before I took control. He has the will to win like I do. He's a tough competitor and he has Argentina on his back--and of course I represent the red, white and blue so we must give the fans what they want to see... It's another blockbuster.

"On September 13, I will be faster. I will be stronger. I will be a better fighter. This time around it will be a more exciting fight.”

"I think that every time that Maidana has gone out and fought opponents, other opponents and even myself, he's done the same thing. Whereas out of the 45 that I've faced, I was able to do different things. I can box.  I can counter punch.  I can box on the move.  I can counter punch on the move. The only way that he can fight is to slug.”

MARCOS MAIDANA, Former Welterweight World Champion

"I don't know if I’d say this will be easier because even the first one, I didn't find very difficult. But I already know him and I think it's a great advantage that I already know Mayweather because he hasn't given a lot of fighters the rematch.

"I don’t like the media attention, but I have to do it.  It’s part of my job for the fight and for the promotion.

"I think more attention is coming because Mayweather is very well known and when you give him trouble and give him a good fight people start to recognize you.”

# # #

“MAYHEM: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2,” a 12-round world championship bout for Mayweather’s 147-pound titles taking place Saturday, September 13 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, is promoted by Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona Extra, O’Reilly Auto Parts and “The Equalizer.” The event will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® and is the fourth fight of a lucrative six-fight deal between Mayweather and Showtime Networks Inc.

For more information visit www.mayweatherpromotions.com, www.goldenboypromotions.com, www.sports.sho.com, and www.mgmgrand.com and follow on Twitter at @floydmayweather, @chinomaidana, @mayweatherpromo, @goldenboyboxing, @ShoSports and @Swanson_Comm, follow the conversation using #Mayhem and become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FloydMayweather, www.facebook.com/MayweatherPromotions, www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing and www.facebook.com/SHOBoxing.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 08 Aug 2014

I am not sure doing a media tour for this fight will help PPV sales at all.

jlc80's Photo jlc80 08 Aug 2014

View PostTrue Fist, on 08 August 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I am not sure doing a media tour for this fight will help PPV sales at all.

There's no buzz about this fight.

Pacisthebest's Photo Pacisthebest 08 Aug 2014

View Postjlc80, on 08 August 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

There was really no buzz about it the first time.  I expect this fight to do around the same, maybe a little more.  Ultimately I hope it's just a good fight without the ridiculous fouling Marcos was doing.  I just wonder if Marcos will get more frustrated and foul more with Floyd moving and sticking more or if he will just follow him around while he gets popped the whole night?  Floyd said he is going to be bigger and stronger so maybe that's also in anticipation of maybe going for the MW title against Cotto or taking on someone like Porter.  We can only hope it's someone challenging.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 08 Aug 2014

View Postjlc80, on 08 August 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Well, the undercard is also complete shit as Showtime can't afford to stack it like they did early it the relationship.

jermaine's Photo jermaine 08 Aug 2014

View PostTrue Fist, on 08 August 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Well, the undercard is also complete shit as Showtime can't afford to stack it like they did early it the relationship.
I don't think showtime is putting up the funds for the PPV's that fmj is putting on. If there is a loss, it comes out of fmj's pockets. At least that what I remember Espinoza saying. He basically said that fmj pays for the press tours and everything, essentially acting as the promoter, taking all the risks.

View PostPacisthebest, on 08 August 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

There was really no buzz about it the first time.  I expect this fight to do around the same, maybe a little more.  Ultimately I hope it's just a good fight without the ridiculous fouling Marcos was doing.  I just wonder if Marcos will get more frustrated and foul more with Floyd moving and sticking more or if he will just follow him around while he gets popped the whole night?  Floyd said he is going to be bigger and stronger so maybe that's also in anticipation of maybe going for the MW title against Cotto or taking on someone like Porter.  We can only hope it's someone challenging.
It's funny, Garcia said MM will be lighter and smaller because the extra weight made him fade late, and fmj is saying he will be bigger and stronger, which I think is a mistake.

View Postjermaine, on 08 August 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

It's funny, Garcia said MM will be lighter and smaller because the extra weight made him fade late, and fmj is saying he will be bigger and stronger, which I think is a mistake.
My guess is that, once again, Floyd comes into the ring weighing about a buck 49.  I don't think the dude can add much weight without juicing or getting fat.  Though, I'm sure some will start with the whole TRT treatments if he comes in the ring at 150 or higher.  LOL

mike john's Photo mike john 08 Aug 2014

View PostPacisthebest, on 08 August 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'm sure some will start with the whole TRT treatments if he comes in the ring at 150 or higher.  LOL

View PostPacisthebest, on 08 August 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

I don't think the dude can add much weight without juicing

:lol:

View Postmike john, on 08 August 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

:lol:/>

lol....you've already got'em pegged as a juicer, o take it?

mike john's Photo mike john 08 Aug 2014

View Postjermaine, on 08 August 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

lol....you've already got'em pegged as a juicer, o take it?

"I'm sure some will start with the whole TRT treatments if he comes in the ring at 150 or higher.  LOL"

when earlier the very same post "i don't think the dude can add much weight without juicing" i find mildly amusing

View Postmike john, on 08 August 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

"I'm sure some will start with the whole TRT treatments if he comes in the ring at 150 or higher.  LOL"

when earlier the very same post "i don't think the dude can add much weight without juicing" i find mildly amusing
They aren't contradictory.  Certain factions were riding the " Floyd is using TRT treatments " excuse simply from association with a Dr he's known for sometime.  People are free to draw their own judgments on that relationship. The point about "150 or higher" was simply because Floyd usually comes in around 149 and with a 1 pound increase, the haters would start clamoring over a potential juicing scandal.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 09 Aug 2014

View PostPacisthebest, on 08 August 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

They aren't contradictory.  Certain factions were riding the " Floyd is using TRT treatments " excuse simply from association with a Dr he's known for sometime.  People are free to draw their own judgments on that relationship. The point about "150 or higher" was simply because Floyd usually comes in around 149 and with a 1 pound increase, the haters would start clamoring over a potential juicing scandal.

Actually, I think it started as a "whoever smelled it dealt it" kind of suspicion since he seemed to have no problem accusing others of juicing while he maintained relationship with someone who can legally help him juice.

Funny how he seems to know much about steroids when accusing others but when a reporter asks him about trt (something his friend was in business) he pretends to not know what the man is talking about.

Then the whole gbp letter to ender penned up a bigger hole in The shroud of suspicion.

USADAoffering Floyd an  iue is something that was outed in a recent steroids documentary in which Olympic athletes from the USA had failed tests, but with a bit of an excuse, they were provided an iue (which did nothing to remove the competitive edge they had gained, btw) whereas foreign athletes caught were banned outright. In the documentary it was stated that the iue was a mechanism created to allow cheating to favored athletes.

Those are reasons to be suspicious of him over any other athlete at the very least.

More reason to suspect him than those he cast suspicion on in order to get put of a fight.

jermaine's Photo jermaine 09 Aug 2014

View Post9secondko, on 09 August 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

Actually, I think it started as a "whoever smelled it dealt it" kind of suspicion since he seemed to have no problem accusing others of juicing while he maintained relationship with someone who can legally help him juice.

Funny how he seems to know much about steroids when accusing others but when a reporter asks him about trt (something his friend was in business) he pretends to not know what the man is talking about.

Then the whole gbp letter to ender penned up a bigger hole in The shroud of suspicion.

USADAoffering Floyd an  iue is something that was outed in a recent steroids documentary in which Olympic athletes from the USA had failed tests, but with a bit of an excuse, they were provided an iue (which did nothing to remove the competitive edge they had gained, btw) whereas foreign athletes caught were banned outright. In the documentary it was stated that the iue was a mechanism created to allow cheating to favored athletes.

Those are reasons to be suspicious of him over any other athlete at the very least.

More reason to suspect him than those he cast suspicion on in order to get put of a fight.
this documentary mentioned Floyd's our with USADA ? I wanna check that out, source please.

chewbie's Photo chewbie 10 Aug 2014

View Post9secondko, on 09 August 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

The whoever smelt it dealt theory is usually limited to people under the age of 10 or who have mental maturity of people that age.

If there was real dirt on Floyd, something tangible would have emerged by now. The guy is highly controversial, polarizing, has a criminal history and has been an outspoken advocate for increased testing which he's actively taken part in. The theory that he's so vocal to mask his own ped use seems a massive stretch rivaling only the elasticity of bazookas post coital o-ring.

The other theory about his associations with a TRT doctor are also a stretch. Is he expected to acknowledge familiarity guilty or not? That's stupid. He's friends with a diverse group of people ranging from justin Bieber to Paul George. He doesn't necessarily have anything in common with each of then except wealth.