←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Amazing Video: Shawn Porter Mitt Workout B...

prophecy's Photo prophecy 16 Aug 2014

Flabbergasting!!!

DreadedFist's Photo DreadedFist 16 Aug 2014

View Postprophecy, on 16 August 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Flabbergasting!!!

It's cool to watch but I don't see the practical use of it. Perhaps Kenny Porter is encouraging Shawn to, "Let go...use the force".

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 16 Aug 2014

View PostDreadedFist, on 16 August 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

It's cool to watch but I don't see the practical use of it. Perhaps Kenny Porter is encouraging Shawn to, "Let go...use the force".
kinda like a martial arts movie? Corny

Yeah I know, I was just being facetious. I'm not sure how that applies to real life. I won't say it doesn't because I haven't done it to know. My assumption is getting the other sensory mechanism to heighten.. I dunno. We'll see soon lol.

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 16 Aug 2014

It can help in bringing your punches in.

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 16 Aug 2014

What a title exaggeration.

Pittbull's Photo Pittbull 16 Aug 2014

I'm sure some of you have swung blindfolded before. For me it's not the first time I've whack at pinatas blindfolded, on birthdays and picnics.  

Blind people for some reason, have for the most part, keener sense of smell and hearing.  My guess is that they're doing it to enhance other senses.

I just said that..

DreadedFist's Photo DreadedFist 16 Aug 2014

View PostPittbull, on 16 August 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

I'm sure some of you have swung blindfolded before. For me it's not the first time I've whack at pinatas blindfolded, on birthdays and picnics.  

Blind people for some reason, have for the most part, keener sense of smell and hearing.  My guess is that they're doing it to enhance other senses.

What the hell does he need to enhance his sense of smell for...? To sense Brook's fear? Or his hearing, for that matter.

View PostDreadedFist, on 16 August 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

What the hell does he need to enhance his sense of smell for...? To sense Brook's fear? Or his hearing, for that matter.

Possibly (keyword: possibly) the 'instinctual' senses too..

Pittbull's Photo Pittbull 17 Aug 2014

View PostPittbull, on 16 August 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostDreadedFist, on 16 August 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Did you know that awareness is one of the senses?

True Fist's Photo True Fist 17 Aug 2014

This gimmick didn't do shit. :lol:

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 17 Aug 2014

If it wasn't for this, Porter would have probably gotten KO'd.   I think right before the Championship rounds his corner told him to close his eyes and use his training.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 17 Aug 2014

View Post1hitrquitr, on 17 August 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

If it wasn't for this, Porter would have probably gotten KO'd.   I think right before the Championship rounds his corner told him to close his eyes and use his training.
porter also breakdances when he oil wrestles with naked guys