←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Chris Algieri Als Ice Bucket Challenge Cal...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 20 Aug 2014

WBO Jr. Welterweight champion Chris Algieri challenges Manny Pacquiao........to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge




Huntington, New York (August 20, 2014)---WBO Jr. Welterweight champion has upped the ante to his opponent on November 22.  Algieri has challenged WBO Welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao to take to ALS Ice Water Bucket challenge.

Promoted by Top Rank® and Sands China Ltd., in association with MP Promotions, Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing, Banner Promotions and Tecate, the Pacquiao vs. Algieri world welterweight championship event will take place Saturday, November 22, at The Venetian® Macao's Cotai Arena.  It will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.  
  

Chris Algieri ALS Ice Bucket Challenge calls Manny Pacquiao

Details on all the events will be forthcoming via specific alerts.

For fight updates go to www.toprank.com, or www.hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/trboxing, facebook.com/trboxeo, or facebook.com/hboboxing, and on Twitter at twitter.com/trboxing, twitter.com/trboxeo, or twitter.com/hboboxing. Use the Hashtag #PacAlgieri to join the conversation on Twitter.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 20 Aug 2014

This sh1t is ridiculous.  People wasting water when we're in the midst of a drought.  Why don't these rich azzholes just donate money to ALS instead?
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 Aug 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 20 August 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

This sh1t is ridiculous.  People wasting water when we're in the midst of a drought.  Why don't these rich azzholes just donate money to ALS instead?
They're supposed to be doing both.  Steve-O and others have been pointing out that many people are not only failing to donate, but they're failing to name the website where others can donate to the cause.  Been seeing a lot of celebs in the last few days starting to do the ice bucket challenge, donate AND name the website now.  Last I heard, they had over $15 million total in donations so far.  Not sure if that's a confirmed number though.
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 20 Aug 2014

Garbage
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 20 Aug 2014

View Postbazooka, on 20 August 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

They're supposed to be doing both.  Steve-O and others have been pointing out that many people are not only failing to donate, but they're failing to name the website where others can donate to the cause.  Been seeing a lot of celebs in the last few days starting to do the ice bucket challenge, donate AND name the website now.  Last I heard, they had over $15 million total in donations so far.  Not sure if that's a confirmed number though.
They're still wasting water.  Austin Trout refused to do it because he works with a water conservation charity.
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 Aug 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 20 August 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

They're still wasting water.  Austin Trout refused to do it because he works with a water conservation charity.
Only wasting water to desert people.  That water is not wasted because it is either evaporated into the atmosphere where it will eventually fall as precipitation somewhere, or it goes back into the groundwater supply.    Its not wasted mane.  :lol:  that shit is just silly
Quote

True Fist's Photo True Fist 20 Aug 2014

View Postbazooka, on 20 August 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Only wasting water to desert people.  That water is not wasted because it is either evaporated into the atmosphere where it will eventually fall as precipitation somewhere, or it goes back into the groundwater supply. Its not wasted mane.  :lol:  that shit is just silly

Yeah, Cali and AZ are in dying need of water. :(
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 20 Aug 2014

View Postbazooka, on 20 August 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Only wasting water to desert people.  That water is not wasted because it is either evaporated into the atmosphere where it will eventually fall as precipitation somewhere, or it goes back into the groundwater supply. Its not wasted mane.  :lol:  that shit is just silly
Yes, desert people.  And the 100 million or so people on earth with no access to clean drinking water.
Quote

ATLien's Photo ATLien 20 Aug 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 20 August 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yes, desert people.  And the 100 million or so people on earth with no access to clean drinking water.
***Dumps bucket of ice water on johnnyblaze***
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 Aug 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 20 August 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yes, desert people.  And the 100 million or so people on earth with no access to clean drinking water.
:lol:

Pretty sure that most of the places where this ice water challenge is done is NOWHERE near CA and AZ.   If I waste 1,000 gallons of water here, it has ZERO bearing on the water down there.  Same can be said for almost anywhere else in the world.   You want to solve the problem?  Stop watering all those fucking golf courses and lawns and using swimming pools.  There's your waste.  Or stop living in a desert. :mellow:

This mentality of yours IMO is funny.  What next?  Do you feel guilty about starving children in Africa every time you throw away some of your dinner that you didn't finish?
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 20 Aug 2014

View Postbazooka, on 20 August 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

:lol:

Pretty sure that most of the places where this ice water challenge is done is NOWHERE near CA and AZ.   If I waste 1,000 gallons of water here, it has ZERO bearing on the water down there.  Same can be said for almost anywhere else in the world.   You want to solve the problem?  Stop watering all those fucking golf courses and lawns and using swimming pools.  There's your waste.  Or stop living in a desert. :mellow:

This mentality of yours IMO is funny.  What next?  Do you feel guilty about starving children in Africa every time you throw away some of your dinner that you didn't finish?
You haven't been paying attention.  Most of these actors live in and around LA.

I agree, watering golf courses is way out of control.  Look, I am talking about the water being wasted on this stupid challenge.  That's it.

Before you waste those 1000 gallons, bottle it and send it to someone who needs it.  Thanks.
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 Aug 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 20 August 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

You haven't been paying attention.  Most of these actors live in and around LA.

I agree, watering golf courses is way out of control.  Look, I am talking about the water being wasted on this stupid challenge.  That's it.

Before you waste those 1000 gallons, bottle it and send it to someone who needs it.  Thanks.
I won't waste  it mane.   I'm seeing lots of people in sports who are not in that area.  Actors...sure.   I don't think its a big deal though.  Doesn't everyone have a debit card these days?   Order some bottled water online mane.   Stop shitting and pissing in the toilet.  Toilets are a big waste of water.  Dig a hole in the back yard and dump it in there.   Throw some line on top of it.  :lol:   Piss in the bath tub and dump a little bleach on top of it so it won't stink.    Lots of things like that people can do to preserve water.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 20 Aug 2014

View Postbazooka, on 20 August 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

I won't waste  it mane.   I'm seeing lots of people in sports who are not in that area.  Actors...sure.   I don't think its a big deal though.  Doesn't everyone have a debit card these days?   Order some bottled water online mane.   Stop shitting and pissing in the toilet.  Toilets are a big waste of water.  Dig a hole in the back yard and dump it in there.   Throw some line on top of it.  :lol:   Piss in the bath tub and dump a little bleach on top of it so it won't stink. Lots of things like that people can do to preserve water.
My toilets are all low water use.  You're right, plenty of things that we can do to conserve water.  Dumping it on yourself isn't one of them.

Rant end.
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 Aug 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 20 August 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Its not gonna get any better in that part of the country.  Millions of people, few water sources.  Not much precipitation.  Cali needs to invest in new water sources.

We have some of the best freshwater around up here.  I know of several springs where there are pipes coming out of the ground with ice cold water pouring out of them 24/7/365.  People who have high iron content in their wells go to these places to bottle water and bring it home.  You guys could use a few of those down there.  I bet people would line up by the thousands for some of that shit mane.
Quote