←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

$75, Not Including Handling Fees - Cl...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 05 Sep 2014

CLOSED CIRCUIT TICKETS FOR "MAYHEM: MAYWEATHER VS. MAIDANA 2" ARE ON SALE NOW



FOUR-FIGHT PPV EVENT TO BE TELECAST ON THE BIG SCREEN SATURDAY, SEPT. 13



TICKETS ONLY $75 EACH



LAS VEGAS (Sept. 5, 2014) -We are just over a week to go until "MAYHEM: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2" and for the boxing fans who can't make it to the MGM Grand Garden Arena and still want to experience this event live, Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions are pleased to announce that several Las Vegas locations will be offering closed-circuit telecasts of "MAYHEM: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2."



Tickets for the closed circuit telecasts are priced at $75, not including handling fees. All seats are general admission and select venues are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster (800-745-3000), www.ticketmaster.com, MGM Resorts International Contact Center (866-740-7711), and all MGM Resorts International ticket offices. You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase tickets.



**Guests are encouraged to pick up their tickets at least 4 hours prior to event time to prevent waiting in long lines at event time.



Properties hosting these telecasts are MGM Grand Premier Ballroom, Monte Carlo Diablos, Monte Carlo The Pub, Monte Carlo Double Barrel, Mirage Events Center and Bellagio Hyde Lounge.



# # #



"MAYHEM: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2," a 12-round world championship bout for Mayweather's WBA Welterweight Belt and WBC Welterweight and Super Welterweight World Titles takes place Saturday, Sept. 13 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas and is promoted by Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona Extra, O'Reilly Auto Parts, "The Equalizer" in theaters Sept. 26 and The Mexican Tourism Board - Mexico: Live it to Believe It!. The event will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT) and is the fourth fight of a six-fight deal between Mayweather and Showtime Networks Inc. In the co-main event, Leo Santa Cruz defends his WBC Super Bantamweight Title against Manuel Roman in a 12-round bout and Miguel Vazquez faces Mickey Bey in a 12-round bout for the IBF Lightweight World Championship. In the PPV opener, Alfredo Angulo squares against James De La Rosa in a 10-round middleweight bout (162 lbs.). The event will be available in Spanish through secondary audio programming (SAP).



Mayweather vs. Maidana will be shown on the big screen in over 500 movie theaters across the country via Fathom Events. For more information visit www.FathomEvents.com

Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

Which one will you be attending, BABABOOEY?
Quote

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 05 Sep 2014

 johnnyblaze, on 05 September 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Which one will you be attending, BABABOOEY?
Was JUST looking at the ad Golden Boy emailed me. Not sure, will let you know though. And is this basically paying $85 to watch the fight on a giant screen in a banquet room at one of those hotels? Tix are down to $480 each on Stubhub, still too rich for my blood.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

 BABABOOEY, on 05 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Was JUST looking at the ad Golden Boy emailed me. Not sure, will let you know though. And is this basically paying $85 to watch the fight on a giant screen in a banquet room at one of those hotels? Tix are down to $480 each on Stubhub, still too rich for my blood.
$480?  The fvck you looking?  Try $439: http://www.stubhub.c...s Vegas, Nevada
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

They've been dropping daily.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

 BABABOOEY, on 05 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Was JUST looking at the ad Golden Boy emailed me. Not sure, will let you know though. And is this basically paying $85 to watch the fight on a giant screen in a banquet room at one of those hotels? Tix are down to $480 each on Stubhub, still too rich for my blood.
Yes.
Quote

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 05 Sep 2014

 johnnyblaze, on 05 September 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

$480?  The fvck you looking?  Try $439: http://www.stubhub.c...s Vegas, Nevada
LOL. My bad
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

 BABABOOEY, on 05 September 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

LOL. My bad
You will be able to get in if you're willing to pay $350 each, no doubt in my mind.
Quote

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 05 Sep 2014

 johnnyblaze, on 05 September 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

You will be able to get in if you're willing to pay $350 each, no doubt in my mind.
Yeah, I've heard that. Honestly, don't know if I'm gonna feel alright spending $700 for me and the wife to go to a fight that I'm 99% sure of the outcome. I'm leaning towards watching it at one of the hotels, but let's see how low the ticket prices fall.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

 BABABOOEY, on 05 September 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Yeah, I've heard that. Honestly, don't know if I'm gonna feel alright spending $700 for me and the wife to go to a fight that I'm 99% sure of the outcome. I'm leaning towards watching it at one of the hotels, but let's see how low the ticket prices fall.
:lol:

Your original plan was to buy tickets from ticketmaster after you booked flights and hotels and now you're having second thoughts?
Quote

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 05 Sep 2014

 johnnyblaze, on 05 September 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

:lol:

Your original plan was to buy tickets from ticketmaster after you booked flights and hotels and now you're having second thoughts?
Nah. We were going to Vegas, regardless. When the fight was announced, that was icing on the cake if we could get tickets. But I aint paying $350 each.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Sep 2014

 BABABOOEY, on 05 September 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Nah. We were going to Vegas, regardless. When the fight was announced, that was icing on the cake if we could get tickets. But I aint paying $350 each.
Yet, when they went on sale you were p1ssed off that you couldn't buy $350 tickets.
Quote

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 05 Sep 2014

 johnnyblaze, on 05 September 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Yet, when they went on sale you were p1ssed off that you couldn't buy $350 tickets.
Very true. And am now glad that I didn't buy those....My interest in this fight has been fading by the day. It just doesn't excite me.
Quote

Chance's Photo Chance 05 Sep 2014

If the fight isn't sold out, why would they even do closed circuit for this? Does t make any sense
Quote

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 05 Sep 2014

 Chance, on 05 September 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

If the fight isn't sold out, why would they even do closed circuit for this? Does t make any sense
They haven't sold out b/c the fight was severely overpriced when the cheap seats are $350. Guess they figure they'll rake in as much extra $ as possible with this closed circuit stuff.
Quote