←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Manny Pacquiao Says Mayweather Camp &...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Sep 2014

Quoted by the Mirror, Manny Pacquiao stated: "There are serious negotiations with the Mayweather camp and my promoter."

Arum quoted by the same publication, stated: "Both [TV] networks want this to happen. All signs seem to point to a first fight early next year." He added, "A second fight in the autumn would provide a different cash split because the winner of the first would claim the higher percentage. As each of them believes he would win, that provides an extra incentive."

rayajr's Photo rayajr 08 Sep 2014

Better late than never.

View Postrayajr, on 08 September 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Better late than never.

This crap needs to happen, so the rest of Boxing can enjoy the toilet spotlight.

Basically, it has been too long and has overshadowed the sport longer than any fight should have.  I'm thinking about the future of the sport, and to get there, we need to deal with the past first... even if it has become the lame joke that it is.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 08 Sep 2014

Yup, boxing will continue to be constipated until this massive dump of a fight finally passes. So massive is this steamy log that we might need to flush twice...and maybe even a third time. I hope it's a decisive one and done.

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 08 Sep 2014

Lots still has to fall in place, of course. Not to mention upcoming opponents. Can't help but feel that this is part-promotional tactic for their next fights, too.

Still, I believe this is the first time in over two years that either side has acknowledged speaking with each other.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 08 Sep 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 08 September 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

This crap needs to happen, so the rest of Boxing can enjoy the toilet spotlight.

Basically, it has been too long and has overshadowed the sport longer than any fight should have.  I'm thinking about the future of the sport, and to get there, we need to deal with the past first... even if it has become the lame joke that it is.
Ok.

Personally though, I iust think the fights still very relevant. I hope it gets done soon.

View PostReggieJay, on 08 September 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Can't help but feel that this is part-promotional tactic for their next fights, too.

This is an excellent comment.  Agree.

View Postrayajr, on 08 September 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Ok.

Personally though, I iust think the fights still very relevant. I hope it gets done soon.

I agree.  Like I said, boxing can't move forward until this fight happens.  It's not small enough for fans to forget, even at this point.

jermaine's Photo jermaine 08 Sep 2014

If this is true, making contact with the other party is a good indication that you really want the fight. Name dropping in the media, not so much.

Hopefully this is the surprise floyd was talking about

jermaine's Photo jermaine 08 Sep 2014

The way things have gone, I could see one of these guys getting beaten decisively gin their upcoming fights)because karmas a bytch. Worst part is, they would try to sell it anyways

DePonce's Photo DePonce 08 Sep 2014

Awesome.  This means that outdoor arena Bob Arum wanted has been completed.  Any pictures of it yet??

Come on Simba I know you have them.

Smelodies's Photo Smelodies 08 Sep 2014

Total bullshit. There are no negotiations and there will be no fight.

Smelodies's Photo Smelodies 08 Sep 2014

View Postjermaine, on 08 September 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

If this is true, making contact with the other party is a good indication that you really want the fight. Name dropping in the media, not so much.

Hopefully this is the surprise floyd was talking about

It isn't.

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 09 Sep 2014

Won't happen. Floyd will wait to see how Pac looks against Algierie. If he looks great, Floyd won't sign. No way.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 09 Sep 2014

View PostDePonce, on 08 September 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Awesome.  This means that outdoor arena Bob Arum wanted has been completed.  Any pictures of it yet??

Come on Simba I know you have them.
MANE :lol: