←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Hbo, Showtime Agree On Pacman-mayweather F...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 09 Sep 2014

HBO, Showtime agree on Pacman-Mayweather fight

By Ronnie Nathanielsz | Sep. 10, 2014 at 12:01am

TOP Rank promoter Bob Arum revealed that the two leading sports networks—HBO and Showtime—have reached an agreement to make a Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight, happen.

One of the problems was getting the two cable networks together since HBO Sports is linked to Pacquiao and Showtime has a six-fight, $200-million deal with Mayweather. Both men have fights coming up. Mayweather takes on Marcos Maidana in a rematch on Sunday (Manila time), while Pacquiao will put his World Boxing Organization welterweight title on the line in a catch-weight bout at 144 pounds, with undefeated WBO junior welterweight champion Chris Algieri at the Cotai Arena in Macau on Nov. 22.

Pacquiao said that a fight with Mayweather “is the fight fans want in their hearts” and that he is ready to face the undefeated pound for pound No.1.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE: http://manilastandar...yweather-fight/

True Fist's Photo True Fist 09 Sep 2014

Hmm, not much given on the particulars between the networks. Just that Arum has them agreeing on a potential fight. Good move by Arum, something that Haymon can never do.

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 09 Sep 2014

Lol...Arum is blowing Floyds "suprise".

Koolin99's Photo Koolin99 09 Sep 2014

Kool.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 10 Sep 2014

Until I see something in writing all this talk isn't worth a damn.  Holla at me when pen is put to paper.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 10 Sep 2014

View PostATLien, on 10 September 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Until I see something in writing all this talk isn't worth a damn.  Holla at me when pen is put to paper.
I think i'll wait til the first episode of 24/7 airs

ATLien's Photo ATLien 10 Sep 2014

View Postbazooka, on 10 September 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I think i'll wait til the first episode of 24/7 airs
That might be the best bet. :D

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 10 Sep 2014

View PostATLien, on 10 September 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

That might be the best bet. :D

I can see it now. 24/7 on HBO following Manny. All Access on SHO following Floyd. It would be f*ckin' glorious. Would be, but in all likelihood won't be. :(