←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Oscar De La Hoya Day! - Event Open To...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Sep 2014

NEVADA STATE SENATOR RUBEN KIHUEN


AND CLARK COUNTY COMMISSIONER

LAWRENCE WEEKLY


(REPRESENTING THE LAS VEGAS STRIP), PROCLAIMS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH



AS 'OSCAR DE LA HOYA DAY'



IN FRONT OF THE 'WELCOME TO FABULOUS LAS VEGAS NEVADA' SIGN


1:00 P.M. PST, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2014



OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!


WHO: Nevada State Senator, Ruben Kihuena, Clark County Commissioner
Lawrence Weekly
and Oscar De La Hoya, Olympic Gold Medalist,
10-Time World Boxing Champion in six weight classes, 2014 International
   Boxing Hall of Famer  and president and founder of Golden Boy Promotions




WHAT:    To Kick-Off the State of Nevada's Cultural Weekend Celebration of
Mexican Independence Day
, Nevada State Senator, Ruben Kihuen on
behalf of the State of Nevada; and Clark County Commissioner, Lawrence
Weekly, on behalf of Clark County and The Las Vegas Strip, are
proclaiming Saturday, September 13, 2014 as 'OSCAR DE LA HOYA
DAY'.




The proclamation is the County's and State's appreciation for the nearly one billion dollars in tourism revenue that Oscar De La Hoya has generated for Clark County and The Las Vegas Strip; and the State of Nevada during Oscar De La Hoya's 16-year career as a profesional bóxer.




WHEN:    Saturday, September 13th


1:00 p.m. PST




WHERE: The World Famous 'Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada' Sign


5100 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas (Paradise), Nevada 89119




INFO:

The Podium Presentation will be held from the front of the 'Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada'. This event is for the Media; however, the event will also be free to the Public.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

Sounds like chaos.
Quote

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Sep 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 11 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Sounds like chaos.

You should cover it for Doghouse.  There maybe some free swag bags (but U got to get there before Paris Hilton arrives with her clammy hands.)
Quote

thabigohh's Photo thabigohh 11 Sep 2014

So Floyd is going to fight in Las Vegas, Nevada on OSCAR DE LA HOYA Day
Quote

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Sep 2014

View Postthabigohh, on 11 September 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

So Floyd is going to fight in Las Vegas, Nevada on OSCAR DE LA HOYA Day

OMG!  Has anyone told 50 Cent this yet?
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 11 September 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

You should cover it for Doghouse.  There maybe some free swag bags (but U got to get there before Paris Hilton arrives with her clammy hands.)
:lol:

I'll be in Vegas, not credentialed though.
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 11 Sep 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 11 September 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

:lol:

I'll be in Vegas, not credentialed though.
Can  you get out of the state with all that flooding?    I don't expect any more bitching about Ice bucket challenges and water shortages from you.   <_<
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

View Postbazooka, on 11 September 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Can  you get out of the state with all that flooding? I don't expect any more bitching about Ice bucket challenges and water shortages from you.   <_<
It's mostly cleared up.  I didn't even attempt to drive anywhere on Monday.  Single day rainfall record, and we're still not out of this drought.  5 inches, that's more than half our annual average.
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 11 Sep 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 11 September 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

It's mostly cleared up.  I didn't even attempt to drive anywhere on Monday.  Single day rainfall record, and we're still not out of this drought.  5 inches, that's more than half our annual average.
We're getting dumped on a lot lately as well...but we had a wet summer.  Its rained almost every day the last 3 weeks.  Crazy shit mane.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

View Postbazooka, on 11 September 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

We're getting dumped on a lot lately as well...but we had a wet summer.  Its rained almost every day the last 3 weeks.  Crazy shit mane.
Supposed to keep going here.  Last storm was part of a hurricane but El Nino should start settling in soon.  Should be an epic winter in the southwest.
Quote

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 11 Sep 2014

Vegas annual rainfall is slightly above 4", quit stealin our rain Mr. Sun Devil
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

View PostShaun Waller, on 11 September 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Vegas annual rainfall is slightly above 4", quit stealin our rain Mr. Sun Devil
:lol:

I'd never seen anything like it here.  I'll try and bring some with me tomorrow.
Quote

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 11 Sep 2014

Hahaha!   We did get hit hard on Monday,  I-15 just north of Vegas is still shut down, several sections of the interstate were washed away, it was crazy.
Quote

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Sep 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 11 September 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

:lol:

I'll be in Vegas, not credentialed though.

Show up and tell them you are with Doghouse Boxing.  You know, in your case, I allow it (cause you've done work for us in the past).  Or get on the ball from now on, and start showing up at these events on behalf of Doghouse.  If you are going to be there anyway!
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 11 September 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Show up and tell them you are with Doghouse Boxing.  You know, in your case, I allow it (cause you've done work for us in the past).  Or get on the ball from now on, and start showing up at these events on behalf of Doghouse.  If you are going to be there anyway!
:D

I'm taking a break for a bit.

Did you know Steve Kim was denied credentials for this fight?  Is Raspanti going?
Quote