←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Donít Forget, You Can Also Boycott Floyd M...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Sep 2014

Don’t Forget, You Can Also Boycott Floyd Mayweather

Convicted abuser set to make over $30 million from boxing match this weekend says NFL got it wrong on Ray Rice

Sadly, it took the Ray Rice video to expose another very troubling sports character to a larger audience. Over the years you might not have given much thought to Floyd Mayweather Jr., often called the “best-pound-for-pound fighter on the planet,” given that boxing is largely irrelevant.

A quick primer: He’s never lost a fight. He’s very rich. He has twice pleaded guilty to attacking women, and spent two months in jail for domestic battery in 2012. He’s been accused of battering women several other times. His ex-fiancee filed a civil suit against him last week, in which she accuses him of assaulting her...

READ FULL ARTICLE ON TIME.COM AT: https://time.com/331...ice-nfl-boxing/

Chance's Photo Chance 11 Sep 2014

sheesh

True Fist's Photo True Fist 11 Sep 2014

It would be quite the spectacle should a mass boycott of the fight take place. The whole card top to bottom is very underwhelming anyway. Add the fact that they are anticipating lower sales volume by upping the PPV price $3 in order to offset the lower volume, desperation is setting in at Showtime.

simba's Photo simba 11 Sep 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 11 September 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Don’t Forget, You Can Also Boycott Floyd Mayweather
Convicted abuser set to make over $30 million from boxing match this weekend says NFL got it wrong on Ray Rice

Sadly, it took the Ray Rice video to expose another very troubling sports character to a larger audience. Over the years you might not have given much thought to Floyd Mayweather Jr., often called the “best-pound-for-pound fighter on the planet,” given that boxing is largely irrelevant.

A quick primer: He’s never lost a fight. He’s very rich. He has twice pleaded guilty to attacking women, and spent two months in jail for domestic battery in 2012. He’s been accused of battering women several other times. His ex-fiancee filed a civil suit against him last week, in which she accuses him of assaulting her...

READ FULL ARTICLE ON TIME.COM AT: https://time.com/331...ice-nfl-boxing/
?

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Sep 2014

View Postsimba, on 11 September 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

?
It's Time, what did you expect?

simba's Photo simba 11 Sep 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 11 September 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

It's Time, what did you expect?
dang.....

Pittbull's Photo Pittbull 11 Sep 2014

I don't know about boycotting but this strikes me as one of Floyd's worst PPVs flops. Everything revolves around timing, whether it be stocks, news, movies, sports or an interview.

Domestic violence isn't anything new. It began with Farrah Fawcett, who played a battered domestic violence victim in 1984,The Burning Bed. The television movie won her an Academy Award.

Robin Givens, Mike Tyson's wife in the late eighties, supposely divorced him for spousal abuse, after being married to him for a year.  Givens was later critized for being a gold digger and only wanting to stay with Tyson for the money.

Now it's Ray Rice removed from the Ravens and suspended for life, after punching his then fiancee.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 11 Sep 2014

Mane fuck dem simp ass niggas mane us OGs gonna steal watch da fights on ppv, get drunks, eats bbq wangs ya digs

rayajr's Photo rayajr 11 Sep 2014

View PostPittbull, on 11 September 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

I don't know about boycotting but this strikes me as one of Floyd's worst PPVs flops. Everything revolves around timing, whether it be stocks, news, movies, sports or an interview.

Domestic violence isn't anything new. It began with Farrah Fawcett, who played a battered domestic violence victim in 1984,The Burning Bed. The television movie won her an Academy Award.

Robin Givens, Mike Tyson's wife in the late eighties, supposely divorced him for spousal abuse, after being married to him for a year.  Givens was later critized for being a gold digger and only wanting to stay with Tyson for the money.

Now it's Ray Rice removed from the Ravens and suspended for life, after punching his then fiancee.
Domestic violence began in 1984? Jajajaa. Son, I was beating your mom's ass back in 1979.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 11 Sep 2014

We all have faults why judge leave that's to god .

Pittbull's Photo Pittbull 11 Sep 2014

View PostPittbull, on 11 September 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

View Postrayajr, on 11 September 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

Domestic violence began in 1984? Jajajaa. Son, I was beating your mom's ass back in 1979.

You wouldn't understand, I guess you being a bastard you wouldn't know either way but then again, get back to your taco cart. I wouldn't be the least surprised if you were to say domestic violence began with the cave man.

simba's Photo simba 12 Sep 2014

View PostShameLess, on 11 September 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

Mane fuck dem simp ass niggas mane us OGs gonna steal watch da fights on ppv, get drunks, eats bbq wangs ya digs
:lol:

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 12 Sep 2014

The worlds gone mad, can't even beat up your woman anymore without a bunch of pussies complaining and shit.

Wolverine's Photo Wolverine 12 Sep 2014

View Postboxadore, on 11 September 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

We all have faults why judge leave that's to god .
he beats women. fuck that piece of shit.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 12 Sep 2014

View Postrayajr, on 11 September 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

:lol: