←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Victor Ortiz Planning November Return

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 12 Sep 2014

Victor Ortiz planning November return

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Former welterweight titlist Victor Ortiz, who has been knocked out in his past three fights, plans to return to the ring.

Ortiz (29-5-2, 22 KOs), 27, of Oxnard, California, wrote Thursday on his Instagram page that he will be back in the ring before the end of the year.

He wrote, "Heads up, I'm back in the ring on first week of November! I'm stoked about it! Thought it would be late October but apparently as of today Coach Joel Diaz stated to me first week of November ... thank you for the support!!!"

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT http://espn.go.com/b...november-return

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 12 Sep 2014

Hmmm...3 things...

1 - is he now on just a gatekeeper or can he work back into contender status?

2 - joel diaz? What happened to the team who trained him for collazo? Or did I just miss that diaz was in his corner then too?

3 - kinda odd diaz would take him on seeing that he already has a pretty good welterweight in TB that could be a fight for him down the road? But anyone think Diaz can be a good fit?

I like victor..he has let me down a few times but he always has a good fight...lets hope he can get back into championship form...he just needs to keep his mental focus and imo he can beat most if not everyone.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 12 Sep 2014

Why?

Antonious's Photo Antonious 12 Sep 2014

Victor should retire asap. He's gonna get hurt again

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Sep 2014

This will go about the same as the end of JuanMa's career.

jlc80's Photo jlc80 12 Sep 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 September 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

This will go about the same as the end of JuanMa's career.

Possibly but JuanMa was shot to shit. Vic is just a part time fighter but still actually has the physical tools to compete. Vic is more frustrating than JuanMa for sure. :D

View Postjlc80, on 12 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Possibly but JuanMa was shot to shit. Vic is just a part time fighter but still actually has the physical tools to compete. Vic is more frustrating than JuanMa for sure. :D
Did you happen to see Vic's last fight?

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 12 Sep 2014

Mane Vic gonna calls Wesley den Stallione expanedables

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 September 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Did you happen to see Vic's last fight?

Yeah. Against Collazo? That's who he has always been although he did get caught with a good punch he didn't see. JuanMa on the other hand has bad legs, no balance, no punch resistance or any other tangible skills left lol.

bigsyke's Photo bigsyke 12 Sep 2014

ortiz should fight rios

View Postjlc80, on 12 September 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Yeah. Against Collazo? That's who he has always been although he did get caught with a good punch he didn't see. JuanMa on the other hand has bad legs, no balance, no punch resistance or any other tangible skills left lol.
Collazo has never been known as a hard puncher.

View Postbigsyke, on 12 September 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

ortiz should fight rios
Been wanting to see that for years.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 September 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Collazo has never been known as a hard puncher.

True. I think it was a good shot though and when you're acting and not boxing, you might not take punches the same as you once did.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 12 Sep 2014

He must like the taste of canvas.

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 12 Sep 2014

View Postbigsyke, on 12 September 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

ortiz should fight rios

Agreed. Its the only winnable fight for Ortiz that would draw interest. Ortiz would probably look good early before Rios wears him down. Its easy to label Victor a mental case in hindsight but i do believe there is something very wrong with him pschologically. He kinda reminds me of Oscar in the way that both try so hard to be "normal" that it comes off as strained. Ortiz has a ton of talent and is far better than Rios but i just cant see him winning. He would get frustrated just boxing Rios and exchange. Rios by Tko