←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Amir Khan Refuses To Give Up On Floyd Mayw...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 13 Sep 2014

Khan refuses to give up on Mayweather clash

ESPN staff

Amir Khan is refusing to give up hope of fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr next summer.

The 27-year-old was expected to face Mayweather in May before the unbeaten American instead chose to face Marcos Maidana, who was defeated by Khan in 2010.

Mayweather will defend his WBC welterweight and light-middleweight titles against Maidana again on Saturday and should he claim consecutive wins over the Argentine then Khan would be in line as one of his next potential opponents, a challenge which the Brit is desperate for.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...firdQp00weQo.99

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 15 Sep 2014

fed up of hearing about this.

ffs give him his payday.

even on memory i reckon floyd times him.

drills his arse. :D

kellie maloney stylee. :lol:

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 15 Sep 2014

hitman_hatton1, on 15 September 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

fed up of hearing about this.

ffs give him his payday.

even on memory i reckon floyd times him.

drills his arse. :D

kellie maloney stylee. :lol:

You seem to be bringing her up a lot in conversation.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 15 Sep 2014

Floyds not the fighter he was. Maidana was catching him with slow jabs on sat. Made me fancy amirs chances a bit more. His jabs lightening. Although floyd won I thought he looked really really uncomfortable. Like man who knew he can't do what he once could.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 15 Sep 2014

Who saw that Floyd was on about fighting Pac again in the paper this morning? :lol:

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 15 Sep 2014

stevieb_8006, on 15 September 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Floyds not the fighter he was. Maidana was catching him with slow jabs on sat. Made me fancy amirs chances a bit more. His jabs lightening. Although floyd won I thought he looked really really uncomfortable. Like man who knew he can't do what he once could.

for me it was more a styles thing.

just didn't gel so good.

agree floyd looks a step or two slower.

still timing those point scoring punches though.

had everything fully in control.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 16 Sep 2014

hitman_hatton1, on 15 September 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

for me it was more a styles thing.

just didn't gel so good.

agree floyd looks a step or two slower.

still timing those point scoring punches though.

had everything fully in control.
yeah your prob right. He took some a cracking shot early at the end of a round that didn't budge him, so I can't see amir hurting him.

Obv. With amir it's down to whether he's caught isn't it? Why doesn't floyd put them away? He cracks just enough to get their respect but never really troubles them. It's a funny kind of power. Anyway, amir could always be the one who breaks that pattern.