←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Elijah Holyfield Emerging As Another Real...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 04 Oct 2014

Elijah Holyfield emerging as another real deal

10:47 pm, Sat Oct 4, 2014.  

ATLANTA  — Elijah Holyfield doesn't shy away from contact, has great balance and is hard to bring down.
The high school running back inherited those traits from his father, five-time boxing champion Evander Holyfield. Now, colleges from Ohio State to Georgia are taking notice, especially after the young Holyfield opened this season with a seven-touchdown game.

Only a junior at Woodward Academy, Elijah (5-foot-11, 200 pounds) is emerging as a major national recruit at the Atlanta private school. He already has at least 25 offers. He is rated by Rivals.com as the No. 6 running back in the 2016 class and is No. 32 in Scout.com's ranking.

Evander beamed when talking about his son's success.

"I'm excited about it," Evander said. "I realize, with generations, it's one thing what you did, but how do you inspire your kids to take it to another level? Boxing was my thing but I love football. As my son will tell you, I love football more than boxing. At that time as a kid, I was small, and nobody would give me an opportunity. They gave him an opportunity and he has shown he can do this."...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON THE EAGLE.COM AT: http://www.theeagle....a2bc2bbb9d.html

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 05 Oct 2014

cool stuff