←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Manny Pacquiao: ‘i Changed When I Heard Th...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 05 Oct 2014

Manny Pacquiao: ‘I changed when I heard the voice of God’

The welterweight world champion has left his womanising ways behind him and he has refocused on boxing and religion

By Kevin Mitchell

It is disconcerting to stand a foot away from Manny Pacquiao’s soft brown eyes – which are no more than a couple of feet from his hard brown fists – and hear him say, without any apparent duplicity, that God has spoken to him personally, how he has seen “the end of time”. It would be unsettling coming from anyone. From Manny, who has boxed for a living for nearly two decades, it is tempting to wonder if he has taken one punch too many. He is, after all, not a dreamer, does not claim to be a charismatic or a prophet, and it would be a major shock had he ingested any hallucinogenic substance. He lives a particularly corporeal existence.

Nor does he claim, as some fighters have, that God is on his side. God is just, well, not as far away as he once imagined, certainly not when he was cutting loose in any nightspot that would let him in, from Manila to Los Angeles. “I have a lot of dreams and visions,” the world welterweight champion says in a voice as unthreatening as a mother’s whisper. “I even heard the voice of God. When I heard the voice of God, I am trembling and melting. I feel I have died. It was an amazing, amazing experience.

“I’m happy because I found the right way, salvation, born again. We are required to be born again, all of us. Christ said unless we are born again we cannot enter the kingdom of God. So it’s very important to me. Jesus Christ said: ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’ There is no other way. The only way is through Jesus.”

READ THE FULL ARTICLE BY KEVIN MITCHELL ON THE GUARDIAN AT: http://www.theguardi...loyd-mayweather

psylancer's Photo psylancer 05 Oct 2014

Ah, the lovely results of Spanish colonization wiping out native Filipino culture....

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 05 Oct 2014

The Spanish brought Catholicism. Manny is a Christian now.

I don't know about hearing Gods actual voice, but it's great to see healing come to his family through his relationship with God. And even though he catches flack for it, he is consistent with sharing the gospel.

Good for him.

ethernine's Photo ethernine 07 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 05 October 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I don't know about hearing Gods actual voice, but it's great to see healing come to his family through his relationship with God. And even though he catches flack for it, he is consistent with sharing the gospel.

Good for him.

Righ

ethernine's Photo ethernine 08 Oct 2014

View Postpsylancer, on 05 October 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Ah, the lovely results of Spanish colonization wiping out native Filipino culture....

A man who know the truth around this bitch....

jermaine's Photo jermaine 08 Oct 2014

Good for him.
so catholics aren't a type of Christian?

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 08 Oct 2014

Good for him.

Posted Image

prophecy's Photo prophecy 08 Oct 2014

Good for him.
This

diamondsmuggler's Photo diamondsmuggler 09 Oct 2014

I didn't realize Manny left the Catholic church for Protestantism.

Anyway, Christians are good people and do a lot of good in the world but they need to get rid of their brazenly toxic, arrogant notion that they have a monopoly on God. they don't and when they claim they do they make themselves look comically absurd.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 09 Oct 2014

View Postjermaine, on 08 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

so catholics aren't a type of Christian?

If you know anything about church history, you know that the Catholics actually persecuted the Christians and everyone else for a long time. The crusades were a catholic invention and not a Christian one. Martinlither actualky had to stand up for Christianity in the midst of a longstanding catholic takeover.

Catholic is called a Christian religion by some. So is Mormonism. But neither are Christian.

Catholicism involves much that christianity does not support. Mormonism as well.

Big differences between the two.

View Postdiamondsmuggler, on 09 October 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I didn't realize Manny left the Catholic church for Protestantism.

Anyway, Christians are good people and do a lot of good in the world but they need to get rid of their brazenly toxic, arrogant notion that they have a monopoly on God. they don't and when they claim they do they make themselves look comically absurd.

Christians didn't create a monopoly on God. They simply take God at His own word and reject imposters. Pretty simple.

View PostPacisthebest, on 09 October 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Just another propagator of fairy tales and bullshit.  You can admire such stupid activity all you want, but it doesn't alleviate the fact that one still believes in fairy tales.  Forget the fact that bible thumpers are at the level of chlamydia in society.

...says a likely sufferer of said std.

But if you'd followed the Bible, you'd not have to worry about that.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 09 Oct 2014

Good for him.
good stuff

simba's Photo simba 09 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 09 October 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

If you know anything about church history, you know that the Catholics actually persecuted the Christians and everyone else for a long time. The crusades were a catholic invention and not a Christian one. Martinlither actualky had to stand up for Christianity in the midst of a longstanding catholic takeover.

Catholic is called a Christian religion by some. So is Mormonism. But neither are Christian.

Catholicism involves much that christianity does not support. Mormonism as well.

Big differences between the two.
:lol:   too funny...