←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Mayweather Slowing Down, Can Be Beaten By...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 06 Oct 2014

Mayweather slowing down, can be beaten by Pacquiao, says Golovkin trainer

By JM SIASAT
October 6, 2014

Abel Sanchez, the trainer of world middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin thinks that father time is starting to catch up with pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather.

Mayweather toppled Marcos Maidana with ease in his last fight but showed signs of decline according to Sanchez.

"I thought Floyd won easily, but Floyd is slowing down," told Sanchez in an interview with fighthype.com. "He's getting old like everybody that is at that level for such a long time."

Sanchez thinks that Pacquiao is on the right track since suffering a brutal knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON GMA NETWORK AT: http://www.gmanetwor...olovkin-trainer

Eric5235's Photo Eric5235 06 Oct 2014

Pac at any stage could beat Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya gave Mayweather a close contest cause of his combo speed, Pac is much faster than De La Hoya.
Khan is a much safer fight for Mayweather, i think Pac could catch Mayweather with a really hard punch and ko him.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 06 Oct 2014

View PostEric5235, on 06 October 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

Pac at any stage could beat Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya gave Mayweather a close contest cause of his combo speed, Pac is much faster than De La Hoya.
Khan is a much safer fight for Mayweather, i think Pac could catch Mayweather with a really hard punch and ko him.
Mane me could ko Mayweather to ya digs. Me could make beyonce cum if we slide in dat dookie. Mane Manny could talk to Moses mane could shit buster Douglas beat Tyson mane any shit happen wen niggas throwing punches

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 06 Oct 2014

A couple years ago manny would have embarrassed Floyd and stopped him.

Now the fight is closer imho. Floyd could even win. Because mannys style isn't made for longevity the same way floyds is. Mannys style is made for putting an emphatic stamp on greatness while it's happening, whereas floyds is meant for looking good on paper years later to those who don't remember the fights end those who never saw. All they see is a zero in the loss column.

But seeing the maidana fights was troubling. Still the candle fight is fresh in memory and he looked great there. However I think of Shane mosely no went from dominating an unbeaten margarita to getting destroyed in sparring and losing his next five fights (even though one was a draw it was against mora. So that's a loss in itself).

Meanwhile, pacquiao looked amazing in beating no hoper rios and even better in whooping bradley. Howev, he now faces a giant with serious skills. While not many are expecting algieri to beat pac, it must be remembered that he did far better against provonikov than Bradley and is unbeaten. He's also young, rangy, and tall with conditioning for days. This would seem like a buster Douglas possibility for manny but Douglas was looked at as a wasted talent hod become something of a bum. Algieri however is not. He's a known talent who's just coming into his own. Certainly a dangerous fight for pac much the way an unknown mayorga was for Forrest after beating andrew Lewis, though for different reasons.

So pac has a big test ahead. If he wins this one impressively, then don't look for Floyd to face him ever.
If he loses, or struggled, then I'd expect the right to happen next year since everyone from celebrities to former great boxers to tv studios are on floyds case to stop ducking manny.

Damon L. Teal's Photo Damon L. Teal 06 Oct 2014

Pac is too susceptible to counter right hands to beat FMJ. A quick young fighter with legs like Khan might give FMJ more than he can handle but Pac is actually a tailer made FMJ opponent IMO.

Danko's Photo Danko 06 Oct 2014

Floyd is scared

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 06 Oct 2014

MANE :lol: dumb ass 9secunt say Algebra is a giant wit serious skills dat gonna bees a big fight fo Pac mane! Nigga get outs of here bitch. Manny gonna beats da shit out of Algebra

delayedreaction's Photo delayedreaction 06 Oct 2014

Manny could never beat Floyd, then, now or whenever.  Want a preview of what their fight would have been or what it will be if they ever fight, check out Hamed vs. Barrera.

View PostShameLess, on 06 October 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

MANE :lol:/> dumb ass 9secunt say Algebra is a giant wit serious skills dat gonna bees a big fight fo Pac mane! Nigga get outs of here bitch. Manny gonna beats da shit out of Algebra

Riiight... Algieri is nothing. Beat provonikov and did it faaaar better than Bradley did.

And if you watch his past fights, you'll see he's an excellent fighter. And just look at him next to pac. No fighter has looked that gigantic next to manny outside margarito and Oscar. And neither of those guys moves like algieri.

I do expect pac to win. I just think he needs to be in top form to win well.

But make no mistake. Chris algieri is a threat.

View Postdelayedreaction, on 06 October 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Manny could never beat Floyd, then, now or whenever.  Want a preview of what their fight would have been or what it will be if they ever fight, check out Hamed vs. Barrera.

More like check out Castillo-Floyd 1. But fast forward castillos movements x2.

Manny would have destroyed mayweather a couple years ago. Destroyed.

But he's slowed enough now that floyds style may be a benefit in the fight.

Manny was too fast, threw too many punches at all angles, too powerful, and wouldn't stop. Floyds need for a pit stop once in a while eould have had him eating power shots until he caved.

While frustrating, he did save himself from embarrassment by avoiding pcquiao like the plague.

DePonce's Photo DePonce 06 Oct 2014

Manny even when he was taken his power pellets couldn't beat Floyd.  Marquez basically beat Pac three times and Floyd is a better fighter than Marquez with more size.  

I do agree that watching his last fight, Floyd is starting to show his age.  However, Manny hasn't been the same since Ariza was removed from his team.

View PostDePonce, on 06 October 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Manny even when he was taken his power pellets couldn't beat Floyd.  Marquez basically beat Pac three times and Floyd is a better fighter than Marquez with more size.  

I do agree that watching his last fight, Floyd is starting to show his age.  However, Manny hasn't been the same since Ariza was removed from his team.

Bradley disagrees. Lol