←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Real Deal? Big Josh Is On The Right Path

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 15 Oct 2014

Real deal? Big Josh is on the right path
By Steve Bunce, ESPN

"I said to myself no matter what happens now, I just have to be able to leave the ring with my head held high. That was all it was about - standing proud and knowing that I could do no more." Anthony Joshua at the end of round two in the Olympics - he was trailing by 3 points.

At last people have an opinion on Anthony Joshua and even if most think that he could beat every heavyweight on the planet in back-to-back fights, they still have an opinion. Is he a hype-job or the real deal?

Big Josh is an exceptional talent, that is beyond dispute, but so far in nine fights he has gone 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3 and 2 rounds, which means he has only completed seven full three-minute rounds. Thankfully, Joshua is aware of his limitations at this point in his career.

"It takes time to become a heavyweight," Joshua said after stopping Kazakh Denis Bakhtov on Saturday night at the O2. "I will keep beating people and getting better. That is how it works. It will be Michael Sprott next and after that I will move up."....

Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...VXbkydfeVZhY.99