←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Froch V Chavez Jr Talks Have Reopened, Say...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 15 Oct 2014

Froch v Chavez Jr talks have reopened, says Hearn

Nick Parkinson

Carl Froch has admitted he will probably call it a day if he can't get the fight he wants in Las Vegas. Promoter Eddie Hearn is hopeful he can deliver Carl Froch a fight against Julio Chavez Junior in Las Vegas after reopening talks with the Mexican's promoter. WBA-IBF world super-middleweight champion Froch is not interested in defending his titles against fellow Briton James DeGale next and is holding out to see if a fight with Chavez can be made. Chavez Jr, whose father is the Mexican boxing legend Julio Cesar Chavez, has been in a contractual dispute with his promoter Top Rank and has not boxed since March, but Hearn has this week resumed talks.

"Talks have reopened with Chavez and Top Rank," Hearn told ESPN. "I've had talks with Carl about DeGale and Kessler but he says he wants the Las Vegas fight and I have to deliver that for him.

"Talks with Top Rank will continue this week, I have a conference call with them tonight, and I'm hopeful I will deliver the fight that Carl Froch wants, which is to tick off a box of fighting in Las Vegas to crown what has been a sensational career.

"Top Rank came on and said they are talking to Chavez Jr this week.....
READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: at http://www.espn.co.u...idMgHqUQl0Yo.99

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 16 Oct 2014

It'll be a nice way to bow out.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 16 Oct 2014

As a fan, would really like to see him tangle with GGG.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 16 Oct 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 15 October 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Froch is not interested in defending his titles against fellow Briton James DeGale next and is holding out to see if a fight with Chavez can be made.

:rolleyes:

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 16 Oct 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 16 October 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

:rolleyes:

He's thinking of the Pay-Per-View numbers.  One house in Tunbridge Wells buying the fight isn't really as many as he'd hoped for.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 16 Oct 2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk...boxing/29648003

ambrose mendy laying the smackdown on froch. :rolleyes:

mike john's Photo mike john 16 Oct 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 16 October 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

It'll be a nice way to bow out.

getting robbed blind?

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 17 Oct 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 16 October 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

ambrose mendy laying the smackdown on froch. :rolleyes:/>
cos his opinion is taken seriously. I bet within five years there's an acrimonious falling out and subsequent court case with degale there.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 17 Oct 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 16 October 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

ambrose mendy laying the smackdown on froch. :rolleyes:

If DeGale was fighting in his garden, Froch would close the curtain.  :sleep:

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 17 Oct 2014

Jr is now saying this is all a bunch of BS.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 17 Oct 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 17 October 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Jr is now saying this is all a bunch of BS.

Hitman will be gloating, wanting Froch to fight the last resort DeGale.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 17 Oct 2014

View PostBoxingFan, on 17 October 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hitman will be gloating, wanting Froch to fight the last resort DeGale.
"Nobody has discussed that fight with me. I have had no communication with Top Rank, they are lying," Chavez said.
And regarding an offer to face Gilberto Ramirez, Chavez also denied that anything was presented.
"Those are lies, lies, all lies. It is a strategy [by Top Rank], nobody has offered me anything," said Chavez Jr.
To touch on the issue of the dismissing his now former manager Billy Keane, Chavez said:
"With Billy Keane, simply the contract was completed, but we are on good terms. He follows me around and helps me. Bob Arum does not want Billy Keane to help me, because he does not want anyone to help me."
"Bob Arum has sued me because he says that I still have a contract with him. How can I get closer with him if he is suing me?"
Regarding IBO/WBA middleweight champion Genaddy Golovkin, Chavez welcomes the opportunity to face him.
"He says he wants to fight me, I want to fight him. He is one of the fights that I want. I am motivated to fight him. If he wants the fight, and I want that fight, it is going to happen," Chavez said. "There are fighters who enter the ring [against Golovkin] and their main concern is to go in there and cash the check because there is a lot of money."

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 17 Oct 2014

shouldn't laugh. :lol:

mike john's Photo mike john 17 Oct 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 17 October 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

"Nobody has discussed that fight with me. I have had no communication with Top Rank, they are lying," Chavez said.
And regarding an offer to face Gilberto Ramirez, Chavez also denied that anything was presented.
"Those are lies, lies, all lies. It is a strategy [by Top Rank], nobody has offered me anything," said Chavez Jr.
To touch on the issue of the dismissing his now former manager Billy Keane, Chavez said:
"With Billy Keane, simply the contract was completed, but we are on good terms. He follows me around and helps me. Bob Arum does not want Billy Keane to help me, because he does not want anyone to help me."
"Bob Arum has sued me because he says that I still have a contract with him. How can I get closer with him if he is suing me?"
Regarding IBO/WBA middleweight champion Genaddy Golovkin, Chavez welcomes the opportunity to face him.
"He says he wants to fight me, I want to fight him. He is one of the fights that I want. I am motivated to fight him. If he wants the fight, and I want that fight, it is going to happen," Chavez said. "There are fighters who enter the ring [against Golovkin] and their main concern is to go in there and cash the check because there is a lot of money."

:lol:

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 19 Oct 2014

https://www.youtube....h?v=dGgMeXFttIU

bob arum wants him to fight froch.