←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Matthew Macklin Admits He Can't Afford...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 17 Oct 2014

Ringside: Matthew Macklin admits he can't afford to lose to Jorge Sebastian Heiland

Last Updated: 17/10/14 10:11am

Matthew Macklin said he is ready for a tough test in Dublin against Argentinian Jorge Sebastian Heiland which will be live on Sky Sports on November 15.

Matthew Macklin admits he cannot afford to lose on his latest return to the big time. It is not only Macklin's first fight back in Ireland since 2009 but also a final eliminator for the WBC world title, currently owned by Miguel Cotto. The 32-year-old has failed in three world-title attempts - to Gennady Golovkin (2013), Sergio Martinez (2012) and Felix Sturm (2011) - and knows his fourth attempt depends on overcoming Heiland.

"This is the WBC eliminator," he told Ringside. "This is by far the most meaningful fight and the best opponent I've fought since Golovkin, so this really takes me back to where I should be. This fight is a completely different proposition, it's a real, real fight against a real live opponent. He's ranked above me in the WBC rankings and I've watched him fight. He's a very competent fighter.  At this stage of my career it is a must-win fight, but I wouldn't have it any other way."....

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE WITH VIDEO ON SKY SPORTS AT: http://www1.skysport...s/12028/9519579