←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Chris Algieri Already Promising He値l Beat...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 18 Oct 2014

Chris Algieri already promising he’ll beat Pacquiao

By George Willis

Chris Algieri isn’t one of those boxers who trains in seclusion and lives in primitive conditions to get ready for a fight. The Long Island native is utilizing accommodations at the Venetian Hotel and The Palazzo in Las Vegas as he prepares for his Nov. 22 showdown with Manny Pacquiao in Macau, China.

“I’ve got a nice suite at the Venetian,” Algieri told The Post. “I’m new school. I’m in the new era of training. I don’t need to go through hell before the fight to go through hell during the fight.”

That doesn’t mean Algieri, the unbeaten WBO junior welterweight champion, isn’t sticking to a regimented schedule that will have him in peak condition when he travels to China for the HBO pay-per-view event at the Venetian Macau. The Palazzo, which is connected to the Venetian, built a custom-made training facility specifically for Algieri. Boxing fans visiting the hotel will be able to view parts of his training.

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE ON THE NEW YORK POST AT: http://nypost.com/20...-beat-pacquiao/

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 18 Oct 2014

This kid could be very good for boxing.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 18 Oct 2014

Chris is being groomed for big things.

I've bern saying this is dangerous for pac.

Some people going to be surprised.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 18 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 18 October 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

Your asshole is being groomed for big things.

And ive been saying youre a pillow bitter.

Nobody going to be surprised.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 18 Oct 2014

View Postrayajr, on 18 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

And ive been saying youre a pillow bitter.

Nobody going to be surprised.
GOD DAMN NIGGA! :lol: MANE

factsarenice's Photo factsarenice 18 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 18 October 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

Agreed, I'm taking Chris in an upset.  Chris is the worst opponent for either Floyd or Manny, especially Manny, he's just too small, short for a tall rangy boxer type WW.

mos-def's Photo mos-def 18 Oct 2014

View Postfactsarenice, on 18 October 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

Agreed, I'm taking Chris in an upset.  Chris is the worst opponent for either Floyd or Manny, especially Manny, he's just too small, short for a tall rangy boxer type WW.
Algieri isn't a welter weight.

gdgills's Photo gdgills 18 Oct 2014

View Postrayajr, on 18 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

And ive been saying youre a pillow bitter
Nobody going to be surprises

Damn kid! 😳

napoleon336's Photo napoleon336 18 Oct 2014

I still think Pacquiao has more than enough to get by Algieri.  He'll eat some jabs but he'll get inside with a high guard, good chin and head movement and catch Algieri with some bombs and sway the judges in his favor.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 19 Oct 2014

View Postnapoleon336, on 18 October 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

I still think Pacquiao has more than enough to get by Algieri.  He'll eat some jabs but he'll get inside with a high guard, good chin and head movement and catch Algieri with some bombs and sway the judges in his favor.

The sad thing is if he does, he won't get the credit for it.

Algieri is not s big nAme. But he's every bit the threat a big band is. He's a calzGhe type spoiler while slso possessing tremendous skill And raw talent that should see him as the favorite in almost all of his fights. He is also huge for his weight class. And a big rangy guy like that with the boxing skills he has is big trouble for the shorter guys. He's also got heart and some if the best conditioning in the game.

IfS my loses, unfair calls will come for his retirement. If he wins, people will just say he should have.

Even with manny hinting KO, I think he knows better. I'm thinking pac wins. By decision.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 19 Oct 2014

lol 9 secunds giving algeria way too much credit. That nigga chris got a lucky decision against provo.

mos-def's Photo mos-def 19 Oct 2014

He has to make Algieri look good just in case he pulls the upset. Prior to the Ruslan fight I would venture that 90% of the ppl on this site had never even heard of him, including 9sec, but suddenly he's an expert on the guy.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 19 Oct 2014

View PostAntonious, on 19 October 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Super great guy 9seconds giving algeria way too much credit. That nigga chris got a lucky decision against provo.

True. But he did better than Bradley against provod.

That should tell you something.

The guy is the goods.

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 19 Oct 2014

Well what's he supposed to do? Predict that Pacs gonna KO him in the 3rd rd?

SW20's Photo SW20 19 Oct 2014

I have a nagging feeling he will win too.  I also think if he wins he will beat Maychicken.  He has reach, he has heart, a decent chin and has impressive hoxing skills.