←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Nonito Donaire Is Up For The Challenge

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 18 Oct 2014

Nonito Donaire is up for the challenge

Hard-hitting Nicholas Walters awaits Donaire in Saturday's featherweight title bout

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

At 31 and with many miles on his boxing odometer during a standout 13-year pro career, featherweight titleholder Nonito Donaire is closer to the end than the beginning. He knows that. But he is also not ready to go quietly into the night.

There are those who believe he has bitten off more than he can chew by agreeing to take on secondary featherweight titlist Nicholas Walters, a relatively unknown fighter with crunching power who will be making his American television debut when they square off on Saturday night (HBO, 10 ET/PT) at the sold-out StubHub Center in Carson, California.
Donaire, however, is undeterred. This is the fight he picked.

"I think he has that hunger, but I'm not ready to croak yet," Donaire told ESPN.com. "I'm not ready to give up that spot that I have earned in boxing. He can try his best. He's a very talented and hard-punching fighter, a very dangerous fighter. But I feel it's not time yet for me to give up my position.".....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...icholas-walters

BLACKROBB's Photo BLACKROBB 18 Oct 2014

Oh my... what did I just see? Nonito looked like Manny for a split second...

factsarenice's Photo factsarenice 18 Oct 2014

Nicholas Walters vs Guillermo Rigondeaux

Nonito needs to drop down to 130 and stay in leaner shape, he's just too small.

On another note...Manny should also drop down to 140.

The Puncher's Photo The Puncher 18 Oct 2014

<p>

Nicholas Walters vs Guillermo Rigondeaux <strong>Nonito needs to drop down to 130</strong> and stay in leaner shape, he&#39;s just too small. On another note...Manny should also drop down to 140.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>How would Donaire do that?</p>

mos-def's Photo mos-def 18 Oct 2014

View Postfactsarenice, on 18 October 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Donaire's fight was at feather, man.

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 19 Oct 2014

View Postfactsarenice, on 18 October 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Rigodneaux would embarass Walters, and get black balled for another two years.  Donaire needs to drop back down to 118 or 122, and just avoid Rigondeaux.  Donaire would feast on those Eurobums like Quigg, and Frampton.  I would favor Donaire over mini Margarito as well.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 19 Oct 2014

I don't know much about this weight class, but were trying to get Nonito to fight Lomachenko had he won?

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 19 Oct 2014

View Postprophecy, on 19 October 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

I don't know much about this weight class, but were trying to get Nonito to fight Lomachenko had he won?

Yup, if Loma had won his fight also.