←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

After Latest Ko Win, Gennady Golovkin Seek...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 19 Oct 2014

After latest KO win, Gennady Golovkin seeks bigger challenge

By Kevin Iole -   Yahoo Sports

CARSON, Calif. – Gennady Golovkin gave the overflow sell-out crowd of 9,323 frenzied fans at the StubHub Center on Saturday exactly what they wanted to see when he knocked out Marco Antonio Rubio just 79 seconds into the second round of their middleweight title fight.

It was Golovkin's 18th consecutive win by knockout and his 28th in 31 pro fights, furthering the legend as he morphs into a superstar. The one-sided victory added the interim WBC belt to the WBA title he previously held and furthered the impression that he's the man to beat in the division.

It was yet another impressive performance for a fighter who has become the talk of the sport. He has an engaging smile and a friendly nature, which is the polar opposite of his fierce countenance in the ring.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON YAHOO SPORTS AT: http://sports.yahoo....787-boxing.html

simba's Photo simba 19 Oct 2014

Heck, Floyd should be calling out this chump. :angry2:

bazooka's Photo bazooka 19 Oct 2014

View Postsimba, on 19 October 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

Heck, Floyd should be calling out this chump. :angry2:
Floyd had his legacy fight over 10 years ago vs. Corrales.  Why would he want another one of those?

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 19 Oct 2014

I see Cotto vacating the belt (if he beats Canelo) and dropping back to 154 to avoid a GGG fight. He'll say 160 is too hard for him to make. Anything to avoid that beatdown.

jackson_action57's Photo jackson_action57 19 Oct 2014

And what does beating a fighter that is too small at 160 pounds do for ggg huh? Everybody knows ggg will destroy a much smaller body frame of cotto. Why don't ggg really test himself and move up at 168 pounds to fight ward?

View Postjackson_action57, on 19 October 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

And what does beating a fighter that is too small at 160 pounds do for ggg huh? Everybody knows ggg will destroy a much smaller body frame of cotto. Why don't ggg really test himself and move up at 168 pounds to fight ward?
Please shut up

Why don't you shut up bazooka. Smh telling me to shut up when I'm talking about boxing. GGG obviously don't have the guts to challenge himself since hes scared to fight a real challenge in andre ward at 168 pounds. Who at 160 pounds is a threat to ggg? Can you name me atleast one huh bazooka? If you have no names then yeah shut up.

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 19 Oct 2014

View Postjackson_action57, on 19 October 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Why don't you shut up bazooka. Smh telling me to shut up when I'm talking about boxing. GGG obviously don't have the guts to challenge himself since hes scared to fight a real challenge in andre ward at 168 pounds. Who at 160 pounds is a threat to ggg? Can you name me atleast one huh bazooka? If you have no names then yeah shut up.
GGG didn't call out Ward bc bottom line, that's not a big money fight. Neither of them is a proven PPV "A-side" of a promotion yet. Great fight for the fans, but why should he take it when he can make more and have a better chance of winning vs Cotto, or even Canelo?

Hate to break it to you but neither canelo or cotto aint going to fight ggg anytime soon unless ggg looks like a decline fighter. <<So whats plan b? Fight chavez jr? Chavez Jr had his chance but refuse cause he has a legal battle with arum. So who else? Froch? He's the same fighter admit he wont fight ggg cause ggg is dangerous. So who else? If ggg is a dangerous, unstoppable fighter then prove it for once in his life and fight a real challenge by moving up at 168 pounds to fight ward.

View Postjackson_action57, on 19 October 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

I'm telling you to STFU because as usual, you are overreacting in extreme fashion.

Ggg did call out chavez jr which chavez jr is one of the names on his list and he expect chavez jr to move down to 160 pounds? lmfao. Like I said chavez has his legal battle he got to deal with.

As usual Bazooka you like to post disrespect reply that has nothing to do with boxing. Like I said shut up or should I say stfu since you telling me to shut up. GGG need to man up and fight a real fighter that wants to fight him in andre ward who's also undefeated.

View Postjackson_action57, on 19 October 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

As usual Bazooka you like to post disrespect reply that has nothing to do with boxing. Like I said shut up or should I say stfu since you telling me to shut up. GGG need to man up and fight a real fighter that wants to fight him in andre ward who's also undefeated.
Calm down fool.

ikhane's Photo ikhane 19 Oct 2014

Interesting fight would be Golovkin v DeGale (perhaps for Froch's IBF belt, if Froch decides to vacate the belt in favour of a big money fight such as JCC Jr. in Vegas, or Froch-Kessler III) Would be GGG versus a bigger, more athletically-gifted fighter and serve as a barometer of how GGG would do at 168lbs, and also beat the drums for a fight vs Andre award, while he (Ward) resolves his legal issues. I'd also take Golovkin vs Groves - GGG handles the kid better than Froch did, and there's more interest in the UK for a match with Froch.

GGG vs Abraham would also be fun while it lasted - which would likely be all of 3 rounds: the current version of Arthur cannot cope with GGG
Kessler-GGG at 168 would also be cool - but that's highly unlikely when Kessler could make big money against Froch

Otherwise - I'd take Quillin or Taylor, but neither will step in the ring against GGG. Ditto Canelo and Cotto.

View Postikhane, on 19 October 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Interesting fight would be Golovkin v DeGale (perhaps for Froch's IBF belt, if Froch decides to vacate the belt in favour of a big money fight such as JCC Jr. in Vegas, or Froch-Kessler III) Would be GGG versus a bigger, more athletically-gifted fighter and serve as a barometer of how GGG would do at 168lbs, and also beat the drums for a fight vs Andre award, while he (Ward) resolves his legal issues. I'd also take Golovkin vs Groves - GGG handles the kid better than Froch did, and there's more interest in the UK for a match with Froch.

GGG vs Abraham would also be fun while it lasted - which would likely be all of 3 rounds: the current version of Arthur cannot cope with GGG
Kessler-GGG at 168 would also be cool - but that's highly unlikely when Kessler could make big money against Froch

Otherwise - I'd take Quillin or Taylor, but neither will step in the ring against GGG. Ditto Canelo and Cotto.
What legal battle ward had to deal with? Cause the late Dan goosen pass away which sucks. Ward ppl told Jim yesterday that ward wants ggg next.