Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Muhammad Ali's Family Don't See Th...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 19 Oct 2014

Muhammad Ali's family don't see the boxer surviving the year

New York Times Oct 18, 2014, 10.02AM IST
Posted Image
By Frank Warren

The news from America sounds grim. Muhammad Ali, who has been suffering from Parkinson's disease for almost three decades now, is said to be desperately unwell and, according to some family members, is not expected to live much longer.

When 72-year-old Ali finally passes away it will be one of the saddest blows boxing has ever suffered. No sports figure has been more universally loved. Worrying rumours began to circulate when he did not attend the Hollywood premiere of a new film about his life, I Am Ali, last week. He was unable to take part in any filming, although he is said to have given the project his support.

Posted Image
However, there does seem to be an element of scaremongering, with bitter divisions within his family over the actual state of his health. His son Ali Jnr and brother Rahman have both said they do not expect him to see the year out.  Rahman claims Ali is so ill he can no longer speak but Muhammad's wife, Lonnie, a former nurse who cares for him at their home in Arizona, and daughters Maryum and Hana insist he continues to live "a full and beautiful life".

News of Ali's decline comes at the same time as two of his former opponents are hospitalised. Britain's Joe Bugner, 64, is recovering from a heart attack in Queensland, Australia, where he lives....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ECONOMIC TIMES AT: http://articles.econ...-oscar-bonavena

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 19 Oct 2014

I will hide under a rock on that day. The acolades from kunts that dont know shit about boxing will be unbearable.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 19 Oct 2014

yeah it will be a big song & dance.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 19 Oct 2014

Didn't they say he only had a few days to live over a few years ago?

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 19 Oct 2014

People will relentlessly tell us he's the greatest boxer ever. Which he isn't. Greatest heavyweight, maybe.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 20 Oct 2014

You lot are being a bit harsh. Media hyperbole is annoying, but we're talking about a man who could be about to die.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 20 Oct 2014

I mean the actual person no disrespect. Just the self serving face bookers that will jump on board ala robin Williams death.

Stand by my opinion of him as a boxer tho,  there's loads you could rate over him p4p. Not that it matters at such a  time  granted.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 20 Oct 2014

stevieb_8006, on 20 October 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

I mean the actual person no disrespect. Just the self serving face bookers that will jump on board ala robin Williams death.

Stand by my opinion of him as a boxer tho,  there's loads you could rate over him p4p. Not that it matters at such a  time  granted.

No, I know what you mean.  It is annoying.  A lot of sports commentary these days seems to be sucking up to people that are still alive. (Look at Sky Sports' love-fest with Anthony Joshua as an example.)  You can only imagine when somebody the stature of Ali dies.

Just making the point that, even factoring that in, it will be quite sad when he dies.  And at least the love-in is intended to show him respect, however OTT.   He was one of the greats of the sport, and probably the boxer that had the biggest affect on society.

antking's Photo antking 24 Oct 2014

I pray someone who cares for Mr Ali reads this post; I know someone who is a miraclulous healer but chooses not to say so because of the negative reactions of some people. But he would love toheal Mr Ali as soon as possible and help him to become very healthy, prabably able to speak and walk again, with much, much better control of his body and motions.

How can we get in touch with Mr. Ali?

Please respond as soon as possible and please, kindly relay this message to Mr Ali and the poeple who care for his health and well-being at:

myhmlscrusade at g m a i l. c o m

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 24 Oct 2014

antking, on 24 October 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

I pray someone who cares for Mr Ali reads this post; I know someone who is a miraclulous healer but chooses not to say so because of the negative reactions of some people. But he would love toheal Mr Ali as soon as possible and help him to become very healthy, prabably able to speak and walk again, with much, much better control of his body and motions.

Please respond as soon as possible and please, kindly relay this message to Mr Ali and the poeple who care for his health and well-being at:

Here, mate.  I've been having a problem with my back and shoulders.  Fancy doing something about it?

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 24 Oct 2014

antking, on 24 October 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

i've got a bit of stomach cramp this morning, can you help me with that?

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 24 Oct 2014

watson748 in the healing business now then. :D

hitman_hatton1, on 24 October 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

watson748 in the healing business now then. :D

That's the second new poster you've accused of being him.

You're getting worse than Rocky and Menty for the Watson obsession. :lol:

stevieb_8006, on 24 October 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

i've got a bit of stomach cramp this morning, can you help me with that?

Maybe the guy can draw up some kind of price list.  On me, I have a 50p piece and a Kit Kat.  I'll offer that.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 24 Oct 2014

How much to get rid of my farmer giles?