←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Gennady Golovkin Calls Out Miguel Cotto

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 20 Oct 2014

Gennady Golovkin beats Marco Antonio Rubio to defend his WBA middleweight title

Gennady Golovkin has called out Miguel Cotto after his latest knockout victory over Marco Antonio Rubio.

By Sky Sports

Gennady Golovkin made light work of Marco Antonio Rubio to successfully defend his WBA middleweight belt on Saturday night in the United States. The Kazakhstan-born, California-trained middleweight secured his 18th consecutive stoppage victory, in his 12th title defence, with a crushing left hand blow just 79 seconds into the second round.

"I liked the fight," Golovkin said. "Rubio, he does not step back. He is a good fighter. I respect him. It was a very hard punch."

Golovkin battered Rubio throughout, landing 28 power punches in just over four minutes, and hurt the Mexican early in the second round with a right hand and a left uppercut before a barrage of blows sent him crashing to the canvas.....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON SKY SPORTS AT: http://www1.skysport...dleweight-title

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 20 Oct 2014

don't see cotto or canelo going anywhere near.

not when they can make a mint fighting each other.

golovkin is the chair of the who needs him club. :mellow:

mike john's Photo mike john 20 Oct 2014

at this stage, id prefer to see cotto and canelo square off.i dont think the "who needs him" attitude is going to work with golovkin. with guys like, paul williams for instance, fighters could get away with turning a blind eye because he wasnt a big name, so a blatant duck wouldnt look as such, cos no one sees it. i see golovkin becoming a big enough name that other fighters wont be able to get away with pretending he doesnt exist

View Postmike john, on 20 October 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

at this stage, id prefer to see cotto and canelo square off.i dont think the "who needs him" attitude is going to work with golovkin. with guys like, paul williams for instance, fighters could get away with turning a blind eye because he wasnt a big name, so a blatant duck wouldnt look as such, cos no one sees it. i see golovkin becoming a big enough name that other fighters wont be able to get away with pretending he doesnt exist

his only option right now would be to ditch his belt and become mandatory with the wbc.

force cotto into a scenario.

whereby he either ditches the belt or fights him.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 20 Oct 2014

GGG has fought no one, instead of looking to ex welterweights, how about fighting someone nearer to your size. Not heard him mention Ward's name. Come to think of it HBO don't even mention Ward's name these days.

Actually who the fucks this Ward I keep talking about?  

Never heard of him.

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 20 October 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

GGG has fought no one, instead of looking to ex welterweights, how about fighting someone nearer to your size. Not heard him mention Ward's name. Come to think of it HBO don't even mention Ward's name these days.

Actually who the fucks this Ward I keep talking about?  

Never heard of him.

he's a middleweight.

not a super middle.

miguel cotto just won the title and he ain't mentioned him once. :rolleyes:

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 20 Oct 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 20 October 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

he's a middleweight.

not a super middle.

miguel cotto just won the title and he ain't mentioned him once. :rolleyes:

I don't give a fuck.

Menty's Photo Menty 20 Oct 2014

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 20 October 2014 - 09:04 AM, said: