←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Amir Khan Will Face Devon Alexander On Dec...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 21 Oct 2014

Amir Khan will face Devon Alexander on Dec. 13 in Las Vegas on Showtime

By Kevin Iole  

Amir "King" Khan will fight Devon Alexander on Dec. 13 in Las Vegas on Showtime, meaning there will be two shows in Sin City that night. HBO will have a show from the Cosmopolitan featuring Timothy Bradley against Diego Chaves.  Promoter Oscar De La Hoya is going to be a busy man on Dec. 13. The Golden Boy told Yahoo Sports on Monday that he's finalizing details for a show at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas that night that will be headlined by a welterweight match between Amir Khan and Devon Alexander and broadcast on Showtime.

Top Rank and HBO have a show that night a block away at The Cosmopolitan, featuring Timothy Bradley against Diego Chaves in the main event. The Top Rank show will include Golden Boy's Mauricio Herrera facing Top Rank's Jose Benavidez in another televised fight. The longstanding feud between Golden Boy and Top Rank is ending, and De La Hoya went to great pains to insist that adding the Dec. 13 show at Mandalay Bay wasn't an attempt to create an issue by counter-programming it.

"We at Golden Boy are partners with everyone and this is what you see here," De La Hoya said. "It couldn't be avoided [having the shows on the same night], so there will be different start times. I've talked to HBO about it. I've talked to [Top Rank president] Todd duBoef about it. I've talked to Showtime. We have so many dates and so many fighters, this couldn't be avoided, but the good thing is, we're giving the fans a great show and that's the most important thing."

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON YAHOO SPORTS AT: https://sports.yahoo...-174517423.html