←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

World Boxing Council Shortens Women’s Bout...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 23 Oct 2014

World Boxing Council shortens women’s bouts because of periods
  • WBC decides women should fight for only 10 two-minute rounds
  • Professional fights usually last for 12, three-minute rounds
  • 'Menstrual cycle has tremendous impact on the body of a woman' it says
By Damien Gayle for MailOnline

The World Boxing Council, one of the four major organisations which sanctions championship boxing bouts, has decided to shorten women's bouts... because of periods. In a statement published on its website, the Mexico City-based non-profit said its first World Female Convention decided to shorten championship bouts from 12 rounds to just 10.

At the same time the WBC decided individual rounds should last no longer than two minutes, as opposed to the three-minute rounds of men's competition.

Menstruation was given as one of four key reasons why women's boxing matches should not last as long as men's, a list based on 'several facts ... reported during the convention which are of total concern.'

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON DAILY MAIL AT: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3GwgJVcaF

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 23 Oct 2014

MANE me cane go sooooo many ways wit dis ya digs. :lol:

AntonioMartin's Photo AntonioMartin 23 Oct 2014

It's always been up to ten, two minute rounds in women's boxing....this writer probably had nothing to write about and figured since most people don't pay attention to women's boxing, he'd write this as if it was news.

Mane me know Darph is happy about dat

rayajr's Photo rayajr 23 Oct 2014

Now i understand why 9shits never wants to fight me.

MANE :lol:

Pittbull's Photo Pittbull 23 Oct 2014

I don't condone women getting in the ring for obvious reasons. It has to do more with physicality. I like my women feminine, smelling and looking good.