←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Cleverly V Bellew Ii: Scott Quigg To Defen...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 23 Oct 2014

Cleverly-Bellew II: Scott Quigg to defend world title against Japan's Hidenori Otake

Scott Quigg has announced that he will defend his WBA super-bantamweight title against Japan's Hidenori Otake on the undercard of Cleverly-Bellew II.

Quigg's fifth defence will form part of the Sky Sports Box Office bill at the sold-out Echo Arena in Liverpool on November 22.

His opponent is a Japanese champion ranked third in the IBF list and fighting outside his home country for the first time in 26 contests (22-1-3).

Quigg told Sky Sports News: "I've not got too much footage of him so I'm not up to date with his style, but I know he's got good reviews and is highly thought of with the world governing bodies."

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON SKY SPORTS AT: http://www1.skysport...-hidenori-otake

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 23 Oct 2014

Scott quiggs becoming a bit of a joke isn't he?

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 23 Oct 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 23 October 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Scott quiggs becoming a bit of a joke isn't he?

Tell us why you feel this way?

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 23 Oct 2014

Was Scott Quigg the big name Hearn promised us? That was going to justify the fact that this event was on PPV.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 23 Oct 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 23 October 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

Tell us why you feel this way?
the pretend belt. The draw vs an inferior fighter. The weak opponents. Admitting to wanting no part of Rigo. Doesn't shift the tickets they like to make out. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, it just seems his careers turned down a bit of a thankless path.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 23 Oct 2014

it's all about keeping the title warm for frampton fight.

the frampton fight is the one that needs making.

hopefully it comes together next year.

agree this otake looks an average pick for a ppv card. :P