←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Quigg To Face Japanese Fighter Otake

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 23 Oct 2014

Quigg to face Japanese fighter Otake

ESPN staff

Scott Quigg will defend his WBA World super-bantamweight title against Hidenori Otake on the undercard of the blockbuster Nathan Cleverly-Tony Bellew rematch in Liverpool next month.

Quigg's will attempt the fifth defence of his title at a sold-out Echo Arena in Liverpool on Saturday, November 22.
Japan's Otake is a domestic champion ranked third in the IBF list. He will be boxing outside his home country for the first time in 26 fights.

"I've not got too much footage of him so I'm not up to date with his style, but I know he's got good reviews and is highly thought of with the world governing bodies," Quigg told Sky Sports News...
READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN HERE: http://www.espn.co.u...Ab7yLOIv5ct7.99

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 26 Oct 2014

Quigg being a bitch and refusing to fight Rigondeaux.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 27 Oct 2014

The Akbar One, on 26 October 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Quigg being a bitch and refusing to fight Rigondeaux.
He'll have to fight him eventually, according to Vik.  All Rigo has to do is keep winning, that's all.

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 27 Oct 2014

johnnyblaze, on 27 October 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

He'll have to fight him eventually, according to Vik.  All Rigo has to do is keep winning, that's all.

Rigs went to the UK before and trashed some guy.  He would have no problem trashing Frampton, or Quigg the same way.  Boxing now days is becoming frustrating.  Guys wait around fighting stiffs, instead of facing the best available opposition.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 28 Oct 2014

The Akbar One, on 27 October 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Rigs went to the UK before and trashed some guy.  He would have no problem trashing Frampton, or Quigg the same way.  Boxing now days is becoming frustrating.  Guys wait around fighting stiffs, instead of facing the best available opposition.
He had an offer for 700k to face Frampton, turned it down.  You're right, boxing is frustrating when guys think they're worth more than they really are.