←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Pacquiao Breaks Sparring Partner's Nos...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 28 Oct 2014

Pacquiao breaks sparring partner's nose before Algieri fight

Manny Pacquiao is more than three weeks out from his next title defence against unbeaten American Chris Algieri but the WBO welterweight champion is already in devastating form, trainer Freddie Roach says.

Reuters
Sparring partner Viktor Postol, the number one contender in the World Boxing Council's super lightweight division, would undoubtedly agree after the Filipino southpaw left him with a broken nose in training last week. Pacquiao (56-5-2), who has won titles in a record eight different weight classes, suffered successive defeats in 2012 but has got back on track with two impressive wins over Brandon Rios and Timothy Bradley.

A win over former kickboxer Algieri could bring the long-awaited super fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr one step closer.
Roach, speaking during a promotional visit to Hong Kong, does not believe Algieri will pose Pacquiao too many problems at the Venetian Macau on November 22.

"The thing is I have my number one contender from Ukraine and he's a very good boxer and he could beat Algieri right now," Tuesday's South China Morning Post quoted Roach as saying.

"That's why I brought him in as a number one sparring partner because he has that style.
"Manny broke Postol's nose three days ago. But Postol's okay. I train him. He's a fighter, he's a tough kid and he's not going home."....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON YAHOO AT: https://uk.eurosport...46337--box.html

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 28 Oct 2014

Broken nose and still sparring?dont think so.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 28 Oct 2014

There are different degrees of having a broken nose. I know plenty of boxers that have broken their noses and kept it moving. My boy Stan is out there right now and sparring with Pac on the regular. He texts me everyday and told me about this before it hit the media. It's a fact. Pacquiao is giving guys the business out there.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 28 Oct 2014

View Postprophecy, on 28 October 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

There are different degrees of having a broken nose. I know plenty of boxers that have broken their noses and kept it moving. My boy Stan is out there right now and sparring with Pac on the regular. He texts me everyday and told me about this before it hit the media. It's a fact. Pacquiao is giving guys the business out there.
I've heard this Postol dude is good, he's Danny Garcia's mandatory that Al paid step aside money to avoid.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 28 Oct 2014

Psssh that's understandable lol! That guy is nice! Danny Garcia doesn't need that fight in his life.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 28 Oct 2014

Danny gonna fights Maaayweather in May @ 47 ya digs mane

rayajr's Photo rayajr 28 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 28 October 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Broken nose and still sparring?dont think so.
Funny thing about that though is nobody gives a shiit what you think.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 28 Oct 2014

View Postprophecy, on 28 October 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Psssh that's understandable lol! That guy is nice! Danny Garcia doesn't need that fight in his life.
Al paid Postol six figures, reportedly.

View Postrayajr, on 28 October 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Funny thing about that though is nobody gives a shiit what you think.

Except you. Because @&$! Is literally all you have to give.

Boxers push through FIGHTS when inured. During sparring supposed to step back and heal. Postol has a Future. Not just as a gym warrior. Hope he doesn't get busted worse since Pac seems to be in top form.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 28 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 28 October 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Boxers push through FIGHTS when inured. During sparring supposed to step back and heal. Postol has a Future. Not just as a gym warrior. Hope he doesn't get busted worse since Pac seems to be in top form.
You calling Postol a liar?

View Postrayajr, on 28 October 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

You calling Postol a liar?

Didn't know he said anything.

Was roach being quoted idiot.

I believe his nose is broken in some fashion.

But also if it is anything serious, the prudent thing would be to heal and do other training. Not risk worsening the injury for someone else's career.

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 28 Oct 2014

View Post9secondko, on 28 October 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

They have head gear with a solid face frame.  I asked my coach a out them and he said fighters use them closer to fights or in this situation to protect and injury.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 29 Oct 2014

View Post1hitrquitr, on 28 October 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

They have head gear with a solid face frame.  I asked my coach a out them and he said fighters use them closer to fights or in this situation to protect and injury.
Move used it. And it's a pain. And it really doesn't protect you tons more. It can stop your nose from getting flattened, but it still gets pushed into your nose. With a broken nose... It is torture. And I'm guessing dude wants to fix it before it sets and he has to get it re broken to fix it.