←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Matt Korobov Vs. Andy Lee Fight Set

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 28 Oct 2014

Korobov-Lee fight set for Dec. 13

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Middleweight contenders Matt Korobov and Andy Lee and their representatives had agreed to terms for their vacant world title bout, and HBO had agreed to buy the fight, but it was unclear when and where it would take place. Now everyone knows.

On Thursday, the fight was added to the undercard of former welterweight titleholder Timothy Bradley Jr.'s match with Diego Chaves on Dec. 13 at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. The bout will air on HBO as part of what is now a tripleheader, Top Rank vice president Todd duBoef told ESPN.com.

Korobov was initially supposed to face then-titleholder Peter Quillin on Nov. 1 as his mandatory challenger. Music mogul Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports, new to the boxing business, won the purse bid for a shocking $1,904,840 to beat bids by Quillin promoter Golden Boy ($1,207,000) and Korobov promoter Top Rank ($515,000). But Quillin ultimately passed on the fight -- and a career-high purse of $1,428,630, around triple his best previous purse -- and....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN.COM AT: http://espn.go.com/b...ec-13-las-vegas

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 28 Oct 2014

Good fight and a very good card.  Glad to see Matt gets his title shot even though Kid Coco Puffs ducked his tail and ran.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 29 Oct 2014

Sounds like a nice card. Looking forward to both of these fights.

Danko's Photo Danko 30 Oct 2014

Garbage fight. Korobov is unwatchable and lee just stinks

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 30 Oct 2014

View PostDanko, on 30 October 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

Garbage fight. Korobov is unwatchable and lee just stinks
How many Korobov fights have you seen?

ATLien's Photo ATLien 30 Oct 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 30 October 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

How many Korobov fights have you seen?
He's the Oscar the Grouch of boxing chat.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 30 Oct 2014

View PostATLien, on 30 October 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

He's the Oscar the Grouch of boxing chat.
I get that, but I am thinking that everyone in here has only seen Korobov the one time he was on HBO.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 30 Oct 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 30 October 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

I get that, but I am thinking that everyone in here has only seen Korobov the one time he was on HBO.
Did he have an ESPN fight?

True Fist's Photo True Fist 31 Oct 2014

View PostATLien, on 30 October 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Did he have an ESPN fight?

Yes, I believe so.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 31 Oct 2014

View PostTrue Fist, on 31 October 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Yes, I believe so.
That's what I was thinking,  Then he followed it up with an HBO bout.  Unlike Oscar the Grouch here I think its a decent match up, should provide for some pretty good entertainment.  Of course I would've preferred Quillen to not have Haymoned himself out of fighting Matt.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 31 Oct 2014

View PostATLien, on 31 October 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

That's what I was thinking,  Then he followed it up with an HBO bout.  Unlike Oscar the Grouch here I think its a decent match up, should provide for some pretty good entertainment.  Of course I would've preferred Quillen to not have Haymoned himself out of fighting Matt.

Haymon is a cancer that needs to be cut out already.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 31 Oct 2014

View PostATLien, on 31 October 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

I forgot about the ESPN fight.

I already bought my tickets to this card, should be great.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 31 Oct 2014

Mane still can't believe Kidd passed on $1.4 mill ya digs! Guess him waiting on dat 3G fight fo 2$ mill

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 01 Nov 2014

Good fight but i thought Lee looked very comfortable at 154. Rather see him stay there.