←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Darren Morgan Needs To Do One Thing To Bec...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Oct 2014

BOXING: Darren Morgan needs to do one thing to become a championship boxer

By South Wales Evening Post  |  Posted: October 29, 2014

DARREN Morgan has been told boxing fans may have to see less of him if he is to become a championship fighter.
The Beast from Bonymaen, as Morgan is affectionately known, has reeled off three straight wins since returning to the ring after a five-year break. The heavyweight's most recent bout, five days ago in Merthyr, saw him take barely ten seconds to flatten Pole Mateusz Gatek. He is impressing with his heavy punches and ability to put opponents away.

The stumbling block is his conditioning, with Morgan's manager Paul Boyce believing his charge needs to shift some surplus poundage to put himself in contention for a national title shot.

"Darren is great to work with and he is putting some good wins together," said Boyce.

"But he is a naturally big bloke and if he wants to box at championship level then he could do with shifting a few pounds....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON THE EVENING POST AT: http://www.southwale...l#ixzz3HY5NLRm5

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 29 Oct 2014

The snooker player?

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 29 Oct 2014

:rolleyes:

i do remember him though. :D

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 29 Oct 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 29 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

:rolleyes:

i do remember him though. :D

I met him at the Welsh Open one year. He was commentating for BBC Wales. I got his autograph.