←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

I Can Still Fight Any Boxer Today Azumah...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Oct 2014

I can still fight any boxer today – Azumah

Even at age 56, Ghana’s legendary boxer, Prof Azumah Nelson has disclosed that he will not hesitate to fight and demolish any boxer that crosses his path in the boxing ring. Azumah Nelson, born on July 19, 1958, is widely considered the greatest African boxer ever. He is a three-time world champion in two weight classes - WBC super featherweight, and WBC featherweight.

Azumah’s boxing prowess caught the world’s attention after competing at the 1978 Commonwealth Games. He won a gold medal in the Featherweight class, and compiling an Amateur Record of 50-2. Years after hanging up his gloves after an illustrious career, the legend believes that he still possesses the mantle to defeat any competitor thrown at him.

Speaking on the Super Morning Show on Joy FM with Kojo Yankson Tuesday Azumah Nelson said “Even right now if I have to fight somebody and you come to watch, you will say that I shouldn’t stop but there is time for everything.”

When the host of the show asked him “you could actually fight someone and demolish them today?” the legend responded in the affirmative....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON GHANA WEB AT http://www.ghanaweb....l.php?ID=332535