←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Expect Pacquiao To Fight Regularly In Macau

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Oct 2014

Expect Pacquiao to fight regularly in Macau

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

These Manny Pacquiao fights in Macau are not just a one-shot, or even a two-shot, deal. As long as Pacquiao remains a top draw, expect the Filipino legend and boxing’s only eight-division world titleholder to fight in the Chinese gambling capital annually for the foreseeable future.

That is what Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said recently on the subject as Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38 KOs) prepares for his second fight at the Cotai Arena at the Venetian Macao, where he will defend his welterweight title against junior welterweight titlist Chris Algieri (20-0, 8 KOs) on Nov. 22 (HBO PPV).

Last November, Pacquiao fought there for the first time, easily outpointing Brandon Rios in a nontitle bout. Pacquiao returned to Las Vegas for a rematch with Timothy Bradley Jr. in April, won a clear decision and reclaimed his welterweight belt. Now it’s off to Macau again to defend the title, even though the pay-per-view numbers for the last overseas fight were off considerably (only 475,000), prompting HBO to say it did not want to go to Macau for another Pacquiao pay-per-view....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...ularly-in-macau

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 29 Oct 2014

Mane me wonder how much cash dey throwing in Bob da Jew bastard pockets ya digs dat Manny Pac Mayne don'tknow bout

rayajr's Photo rayajr 29 Oct 2014

View PostShameLess, on 29 October 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Mane me wonder how much cash dey throwing in Bob da Jew bastard pockets ya digs dat Manny Pac Mayne don'tknow bout
Pac mane dont want none of Floyd Maynugguh. First they announce theyre going to 140, now they only want to fight halfway around the world.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 29 Oct 2014

View Postrayajr, on 29 October 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Pac mane dont want none of Floyd Maynugguh. First they announce theyre going to 140, now they only want to fight halfway around the world.
but somes how deez niggas gonna blame Mayweather watch ane see. Me thank Manny will fight him it just Bob DJB ane retarded roach dat no him gonna lose

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 29 Oct 2014

View Postbeatdowncentral, on 29 October 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Bob goes where the money is and China has a lot of it.  Pac is just his poodle and does whatever Bob wants because he needs Bob to give him cash advances.
Of course he's gonna go where the money is you moron.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 29 Oct 2014

View PostVatoloco, on 29 October 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Of course he's gonna go where the money is you moron.
You expect in depth and profound analysis from dillyyo?

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 29 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

You expect in depth and profound analysis from dillyyo?
Its part of one of his many professions, right?

View Postbeatdowncentral, on 29 October 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Are you implying that the bottom line in any decision Bob or his fellow promoters make comes down to money?
I'm not implying anything.  I'm saying it staright out.  Its a business you retard.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 29 Oct 2014

View PostVatoloco, on 29 October 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Its part of one of his many professions, right?
You would have to consult bazooka for an exhaustive list.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 29 Oct 2014

Horrible news.

This means zoo chaming will be on the televised undercard. Nobody has time for zoo.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 30 Oct 2014

View Postbeatdowncentral, on 29 October 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Bob goes where the money is and China has a lot of it.  Pac is just his poodle and does whatever Bob wants because he needs Bob to give him cash advances.
Profit maximization.  Costs alot less in overhead over there than it does to put on a show in the States.

Danko's Photo Danko 30 Oct 2014

If these are the type of opponents then he can stay in macau forever.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 30 Oct 2014

View Postbeatdowncentral, on 30 October 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

I wasn't aware that a business's only goal is to make as much money as possible.
:lol: Wow.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 30 Oct 2014

:lol:

Listen at the dog fvcker.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 30 Oct 2014

View Postbeatdowncentral, on 30 October 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

No where in that post did I state I didn't know why Bob went to Macau, but rather stated that he went where the money is and that they have a lot of it. With that said, an acute maximization of profits might not mean a long term maximization for the fighter or sport in general, but I digress.
Da phuck is wrong with you dude? :unsure: No where in my post did I say you did say that.  I was agreeing with you, and adding to your point......if that's allowable.