←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Artcle By Chris Algieri - In His Own Words

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Oct 2014

Chris Algieri in his own words

By Chris Algieri | Special to ESPN

Junior welterweight titlist Chris Algieri is having a good year. In February he defeated Emanuel Taylor to set up a title fight against Ruslan Provodnikov four months later. After being down twice in the first round, Algieri rallied to defeat Provodnikov by split decision and win the title.

Pacquiao-Algieri

Where: Cotai Arena at the Venetian Macao in Macau
When: Nov. 22, 9 p.m. ET
TV: HBO PPV
Algieri (28-0, 8 KOs), who was a heavy underdog before the fight with Provodnikov, credited his conditioning to being a nutritionist and taking care of his body.

On Nov. 22, in the biggest fight of his career, Algieri will face welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao in Macau, China (HBO PPV, 9 p.m. ET). Pacquiao has won two fights in a row since losing consecutive fights in 2012 for the first time in his career -- a split decision against Timothy Bradley Jr. and a sixth-round KO to Juan Manuel Marquez.

In his own words, Algieri talks about the advantages of having the perfect diet, exercising and preparing for a 12-round fight against one of the best fighters in the world.

Does being a nutritionist give you an advantage on how to prepare your body for a 12-round fight and 12 weeks of training? Describe your diet, exercising habits and hours of sleep.

“I average between eight to nine hours of sleep a night/day between naps. I generally eat between five to seven times a day, around 3,500 calories during training camp. I eat lots of fresh fruits and colorful veggies to help with recovery.

“I also eat a lot of complex grains and no processed foods. I prepare and cook about 90 percent of my own food and meals.

“I train six days a week. Most days I....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...n-his-own-words

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 29 Oct 2014

Mane eat all da green veg u want nigga but Manny gonna still beats dat ass ain't nobody watching dis shit ya digs mane

rayajr's Photo rayajr 29 Oct 2014

ShameLess, on 29 October 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Mane eat all da green veg u want nigga but Manny gonna still beats dat ass ain't nobody watching dis shit ya digs mane
Yup. Algebra can eat greens all day but he's gonna get his ass beat black and blue.